Your Take: Tribute Albums
Don Rigsby’s salute to Ralph Stanley, Doctor’s Orders, released earlier this year, already ranks high on my list of favorite tribute records, along with Livin’, Lovin’, Losin’ (which Charlie Louvin told me was “the best tribute album ever recorded by anybody“), A Tribute to the Delmore Brothers, and Merle Haggard’s aforementioned Bob Wills album (the Hag does a mighty fine job honoring Jimmie Rodgers, too).
What are your favorite tribute albums? Are there any artists you’d like to see get the tribute treatment–or receive a better tribute?
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …
- Barry Mazor: Well, gee, Taste of Country that sure clears that up. The argument's over--and it only took 200 words. …