Your Take: The Venue
Each year, Pollstar tallies ballots sent to music business professionals in order to determine the winners of their Concert Industry Awards. The various awards honor artists, management, talent buyers, venues, and support services. In February, for the third time in the last five years, the Ryman Auditorium took home the Theatre of the Year Award. For anyone that has stepped foot in the “Mother Church of Country Music,” that would hardly be a surprise. The acoustics are terrific and the history seeps from that stage and those stained glass windows.
Other venues have enhanced my concert-going experience as well. A few years ago, I wrote a column for The 9513 about an amazing concert series atop the Northstar Resort ski lifts where the setting sun across the Truckee Basin served as backdrop to the stage. The Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison,Colorado is an equally breathtaking sight to behold with its hues of oranges and reds carved right out of the mountain.
Engine 145 wants your take: What is your favorite location to watch a performance? How important is the venue to your overall concert-going experience? How important is proximity to the equation? And lastly, why is that venue special to you?
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …