Your Take: Start-to-Finish Shows
Yesterday, Rolling Stone announced that Willie Nelson will play Stardust in its entirety at the Hollywood Bowl in August to mark the album’s 35th anniversary. He’s not the only one who has been performing albums live: The Old 97s, Lucinda Williams, and Bruce Springsteen are just a few of the artists who’ve played their records in concert over the past few years.
If I could see any country/roots artist perform any album live, it would probably be Ray Charles’ playing Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music, or maybe Loretta Lynn and Ernest Tubb playing one of their duets records . However, since I don’t have a time machine, I’d “settle” for seeing Willie tackle Red Headed Stranger, Lucinda Williams play Car Wheels on a Gravel Road, The SteelDrivers doing Reckless–at my pretend show, Chris Stapleton and Gary Nichols trade lead vocals–or Drive-By Truckers rocking The Dirty South. Let us know: if you could see any act perform any album start-to-finish, who would it be, and what would they play?
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …