Your Take: Crossover Candidates
The crisscrossing of music genres is nothing new. Even so, it seems that more pop and rock artists have been trying their hands in the country music field as of late. Sheryl Crow has a new country release, Easy, and Lionel Richie’s Tuskegee was a smash success last year. Hootie’s now a successful country artist and Don Henley has a country album coming out later this year. Even Tommy Shaw of Styx went bluegrass in 2011 on The Great Divide.
So assume that you’re in charge of the institution of music for a day and money’s no object. Which outside-the-genre artist/band would you like to take a crack at making a country or bluegrass record? Why?
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …