Your Take: Crossover Candidates
The crisscrossing of music genres is nothing new. Even so, it seems that more pop and rock artists have been trying their hands in the country music field as of late. Sheryl Crow has a new country release, Easy, and Lionel Richie’s Tuskegee was a smash success last year. Hootie’s now a successful country artist and Don Henley has a country album coming out later this year. Even Tommy Shaw of Styx went bluegrass in 2011 on The Great Divide.
So assume that you’re in charge of the institution of music for a day and money’s no object. Which outside-the-genre artist/band would you like to take a crack at making a country or bluegrass record? Why?
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.