Your Take: Bluegrass in the Country Music Hall of Fame
It’s getting to be that time of the year where the Country Music Hall of Fame announces the 2013 class of inductees, which means it’s time for the annual debate on who should be inducted. Today, we’re going to look at the bluegrass side of the HOF. Bill Monroe and Flatt & Scruggs are inductees, but Jimmy Martin, Ralph Stanley, Del McCoury, and Mac Wiseman (who are all Bluegrass Hall of Famers) are just a few of the artists who, it could be argued, are worthy of induction as well.
So let’s hear your take: which bluegrass artists deserve induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame? Do you think current stars like Alison Krauss & Union Station or the Del McCoury Band will eventually be inducted?
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …