Your Take: Best of 2012
If you take the Engine 145 train to the North Pole at the end of the year, the elves are not making toys, but “Best Of” music lists. After perusing hundreds of albums and songs across several roots-oriented genres, the writers here have the task of narrowing it down to those special few that moved us the most.
So as we’re whittling down our own lists, we want to hear from you. What was your favorite music of the past year? In the coming weeks, we’ll release lists in four categories:
- Best Bluegrass Album
- Best EP
- Best Album
- Best Songs
Let’s hear from you: if you were in charge of making sure your favorite albums and tracks were on each of these lists, what would they be?
- Deremy Jylan: I heard that Jim Lauderdale documentary is some super-duper great movie stuff. Makes Scorsese's THE LAST WALTZ look like Wiseau's …
- Barry Mazor: I'll have to see if Dr. Green's ever read 3 Lives; it's a good book.
- Juli Thanki: Rose is a rose is a rose is a yellow rose of Texas. I smell a terrible concept album!
- Barry Mazor: Pigeons on the grass, alas.. Come-a kai-yai yippy, yippy ay.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Barry, thanks for the great sentimental look at Winchester. I will admit that he is an artist that was largely …
- Arlene: Thanks for this article, Barry. It's not often that an artist brings another performer to tears during a guitar pull. …
- Leeann: At any rate, I'll still look forward to his next album, because I'm a fan of his music.
- Leeann: Yes, if he had said that, I'd be with him, but e lumped all of country music, including the Grand …
- mrsandy: My understanding is Emmylou's concert was cancelled was because her 92-y.o. mother passed away.
- Erik North: I would have to say that, even though I agree that JTE does generalize about country music excessively, I also …