Your Take: Best of 2012
If you take the Engine 145 train to the North Pole at the end of the year, the elves are not making toys, but “Best Of” music lists. After perusing hundreds of albums and songs across several roots-oriented genres, the writers here have the task of narrowing it down to those special few that moved us the most.
So as we’re whittling down our own lists, we want to hear from you. What was your favorite music of the past year? In the coming weeks, we’ll release lists in four categories:
- Best Bluegrass Album
- Best EP
- Best Album
- Best Songs
Let’s hear from you: if you were in charge of making sure your favorite albums and tracks were on each of these lists, what would they be?
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.