Your Take: Best of 2012
If you take the Engine 145 train to the North Pole at the end of the year, the elves are not making toys, but “Best Of” music lists. After perusing hundreds of albums and songs across several roots-oriented genres, the writers here have the task of narrowing it down to those special few that moved us the most.
So as we’re whittling down our own lists, we want to hear from you. What was your favorite music of the past year? In the coming weeks, we’ll release lists in four categories:
- Best Bluegrass Album
- Best EP
- Best Album
- Best Songs
Let’s hear from you: if you were in charge of making sure your favorite albums and tracks were on each of these lists, what would they be?
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …