Willie Nelson Visits Fallon; Ray Wylie Hubbard Announces New Tour Dates; Philly Folk Festival Lineup Announced; Stream New Bob Wayne Song
- No Depression crowd-sourced questions for a Marty Stuart interview.
- Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle, and John Hiatt will headline the 51st Philadelphia Folk Festival, which will be held August 17-19. Wanda Jackson, Pokey LaFarge, Mary Chapin Carpenter, and others are also slated to perform.
- Eddy Arnold’s grandson, Shannon Pollard, along with Don Cusic and Cheetah Chrome, has formed Plowboy Records, a label with a mission is “to celebrate and nurture the legacy of the original Tennessee Plowboy and provide a home for recorded projects that focus on American music regardless of genre.” The label’s first release is a new Bobby Bare album which is currently being recorded; an Eddy Arnold tribute record featuring bands from multiple genres is also in the works.
- Watch footage from Willie Nelson’s visit to Late Night with Jimmy Fallon here.
- Yesterday, Ricky Skaggs celebrated thirty years as an Opry member.
- Loretta Lynn will be on NBC’s Today Show May 21.
- On May 29, The Mavericks will release the five-song EP Suited Up and Ready. You can stream the first single, “Born to Be Blue,” on the band’s Facebook page.
- Ray Wylie Hubbard announced a string of tour dates.
- On June 16, The Country Music Hall of Fame will honor guitarist Jimmy Capps as part of their series Nashville Cats: A Celebration of Music City Musicians.
- Rascal Flatts’ Changed has been certified gold.
- Ryan Adams has been covering Danzig’s “Mother” during his European shows; Paste has video.
- On June 5, John Rich, Kellie Pickler, and Darius Rucker will perform at a benefit concert for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- American Songwriter is offering a free download of Andre Williams & The Sadies’ “I’ll Do Most Anything for Your Love.”
- IBMA’s World of Bluegrass is moving to Raleigh, N.C. in 2013.
- Singer Amber Hayes is in the upcoming movie Cowgirls N’ Angels, which opens May 25. According to the press release, Lonestar’s Richie McDonald appears as her character’s father, and the two sing a duet together.
- Here’s the trailer for the upcoming television show Nashville, starring Connie Britton.
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider