Waylon Jennings’ Last Recordings Due Out 9/11; We’re All for the Hall Raises $465,000; Album Releases
- Goin’ Down Rockin’: The Last Recordings of Waylon Jennings is due out September 11 on Saguaro Road Records. From the press release: Jennings wrote 11 of the 12 songs that appear on the new album, a testament to the personal nature of the recordings, and they reveal an artist in the midst of a final creative peak. In addition to his own songs, the album includes Tony Joe White’s “Goin’ Down Rockin’” (on which White himself is a guest). In all, the album will feature eleven songs that have never been released before.
- The We’re All for the Hall benefit concert raised $465,000 for the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
- In celebration of its 50th anniversary, the United Farm Workers (UFW) announced a California concert series that will have Kris Kristofferson teaming up with several Latin artists including Los Lobos this June.
- Paste has “Sangria Wine,” a cut from Todd Snider’s new Jerry Jeff Walker tribute record. The song also features Kix Brooks.
- Via press release: On May 22, reissue label Real Gone Music will release two albums that haven’t been on CD before: Jerry Reed’s The Unbelievable Voice and Guitar of Jerry Reed/Nashville Underground.
- 25 years after their debut, Baillie & The Boys are back together.
- Country California chats with Jason Eady.
- Craig Morgan sits down for a Q&A with Michael Rampa of American Songwriter.
- Bluegrass Today’s John Lawless posted an article on Ashley Campbell, who’s playing the banjo in father Glen Campbell’s touring band.
- Steve Martin announced some new summer tour dates.
- There were multiple Bellamy Brothers flash mobs in Europe.
- Dierks Bentley is playing an acoustic show at Seattle’s Easy Street Records for Record Store Day.
- Here’s the album cover for Josh Turner’s upcoming release, Punching Bag.
- This week’s album releases:
Lurrie Bell – The Devil Ain’t Got No Music
Pete Seeger – The Complete Bowdoin College Concert, 1960
Marvin Etzioni – Marvin Country! (stream here)
Dar Williams – In the Time of Gods
Cowboy Copas – Complete Hit Singles A’s and B’s
Janis Joplin – The Pearl Sessions
Little Richard – Here’s Little Richard (remastered)
Pinetop Perkins – Heaven
Loudon Wainwright III – Older Than My Old Man Now
JD McPherson – Signs & Signifiers
Lou Reid & Carolina – Callin’ Me Back Home
Various Artists – Sun Record Company 60th Anniversary