USPS to Unveil Johnny Cash Stamp 6/5; Charlie Worsham Plans August Album Release; New Music Videos
- The Tennessean posted a feature with some great video of last week’s grand opening of the Johnny Cash Museum in downtown Nashville.
- On Wednesday, the U.S. Postal Service will unveil the new Johnny Cash stamp at the Ryman.
- Nashville’s Gruhn Guitars, a store that had spent 43 years down on Broadway, is moving to a new location on 8th Avenue. The store’s last day on Broadway is June 8, and the new location is scheduled to open June 15.
- Can you tell the difference between country music lyrics and Justin Bieber lyrics? Take the quiz.
- Marty Robbins’ famous purple No. 777 race car will be taking another spin around the track.
- Joey+Rory have partnered with Crosley Radio; the company will sponsor the duo’s new radio show, scheduled to debut this Saturday on WSM. The “Joey+Rory Radio Show” will be the weekly lead-in to the Opry broadcast.
- Madonna inspired Keith Urban’s new single, “Little Bit of Everything.”
- A new Nashville label called Red River Entertainment launched and their first three projects will be compilation album Live From the Archives of 650 AM WSM–Vol. 1, Lorrie Morgan and Pam Tillis’ new album Dos Divas (7/23), and Michael Martin Murphey’s Red River Drifter (7/9).
- Check out this phenomenally cool video of Josh Turner sharing the Opry stage with Logan Blade, an autistic musician.
- Carrie Underwood will be releasing a new concert DVD in August.
- Trace Adkins thinks that he may be at the end of his radio run: “I’m a realist. I look at this career that I’ve had, and it’s been fantastic. It’s been more than I ever could have dreamed or hoped for or wished for. And I may be getting to the end of my competitive run at radio. You what I’m sayin’? And this may be it. … If they play this one, maybe I’ll stick around a little while.” He also reveals that he’ll have a Christmas album out in the fall.
- On the heels of Blake Shelton’s benefit concert for the victims of last month’s tornados in Moore, Oklahoma, Ronnie Dunn, Toby Keith and Garth Brooks look to be cooking up one of their own.
- Stephen Barker Liles of Love and Theft got engaged.
- Travis Tritt has released “Why Me, Lord?,” the Kris Kristofferson song he performed at George Jones’ memorial service, as a single.
- Lauren Alaina graduated from high school.
- Warner Music Nashville artist Charlie Worsham will be releasing his debut album, Rubberband, on 8/20.
- Joanna Smith and RCA have parted ways.
- Taylor Swift is set to release her third fragrance.
- Bluegrass Hall of Fame mandolin player Lyle Miller passed away at the age of 96.
- Grand Ole Opry historian Byron Fay looks back at some famous June happenings at the Opry.
- Christchurch duo Delaney and Marlon were the big winners at the New Zealand Country Music Awards.
- New music videos from the last week or so:
Casey Donahew Band – “Whiskey Baby”
Adrianna Freeman – “Just a Girl”
Little Big Town – “Your Side of the Bed”
John Fogerty – “Mystic Highway”
Maggie Rose – “Better”
Rosehill – “Did You Ever Turn Around”
Angie Johnson – “Sing for You”
Katie Brianna – “Oh Night”
Bobby Wills – “If It Was That Easy”
Baylou – “Novocaine”
Zoe Louisa – “Wiping My Hands Clean”
Pokey LaFarge – “Central Time”
- Six String Richie: On the bright side, by winning 6 ACAs, Florida Georgia Line now owns 6 Telecasters. Maybe that will help them …
- Janice Brooks: Barry a friend and I figured at least 7 HOF songwriters Price recorded before they became big. Roger Miller Bill Anderson Harlen Howard Mel …
- mrsandydog: Interesting. I didn't care for Hilburn's Johnny Cash biography. Maybe I've read too many of them. But the PR promised …
- Hoggy from Oz: I'm sorry to have found out that John Williamson stepped down as president of the CMAA. He really is one …
- Barry Mazor: Uh, Willie was IN Ray Price's band, and wrote for the publishing company he co-owned. (A couple of guys named …
- Paul W Dennis: Well Lucky, Willie has written on numerous occasions that Ray Price is the best country singer on the planet, so …
- Rick: Hey "Both Kinds" thanks for the mentioning that online Sweetback Sisters gig tonight! It sure beats the Opry...
- Rick: As a person who got really into Aussie country music about 2003 because of Kasey Chambers, I agree with "Willo" …
- Both Kinds of Music: Hey! If you like Country Christmas Carols AND you like to singalong to said carols, The Sweetback Sisters are kicking …
- Luckyoldsun: I just googled his web-site and Bennett has more than a dozen concerts listed over the next few months--in California, …