Trisha Yearwood, Little Big Town Win Daytime Emmys; Michael Cleveland Signs with Compass; Album Releases
- Miss Leslie’s next album is coming out August 13. Listen to her new song, “After the Storm,” here.
- Michael Cleveland has signed with Compass Records. He’s working on an album for release in 2014. (via press release)
- Trisha Yearwood and Little Big Town took home Daytime Emmy Awards Sunday night. Yearwood won for Outstanding Culinary Program and LBT award was in the Best Original Song category.
- Jimmy Webb played MacArthur Park, where he played “MacArthur Park.”
- Speaking of Jimmy Webb, he’ll release Still Within the Sound of My Voice on September 10. Here’s the album opener, “Sleeping in the Daytime,” featuring Lyle Lovett.
- Patty Loveless celebrated 25 years as an Opry member.
- The Chris Thile/Punch Brothers documentary How to Grow a Band is streaming on Netflix.
- Twang Nation posted a couple videos of Sarah Jarosz performing songs from her forthcoming album, Build Me Up from Bones, due out this fall.
- Stream Mavis Staples’ One True Vine on NPR’s music blog.
- Alt-country’s Scud Mountain Boys are releasing their next record in July, only 17 years after their last album.
- Billy Bragg played a Tiny Desk Concert.
- Joey + Rory will release a gospel album on July 16.
- Jim Lauderdale, Willie Watson, and Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison have been added to this year’s Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion lineup.
- CMT Edge premiered Shannon McNally’s cover of “Small Town Talk.”
- You can never have enough yodeling.
- The Roys released a new video for “Gypsy Runaway Train.”
- Here’s a two-hour show on Patty Griffin from BBC Radio Scotland’s Another Country with Ricky Ross.
- This week’s album releases:
Slaid Cleaves – Still Fighting the War
Delbert & Glen – Blind, Crippled and Crazy
Bill Kirchen – Seeds and Stems
Big Country Bluegrass – Memories of the Past
Donna the Buffalo – Tonight, Tomorrow and Yesterday
Adam Steffey – New Primitive
Eddie Spaghetti – The Value of Nothing
Phoebe Hunt – Live at the Cactus Café
Annabelle’s Curse – Hollow Creature
Hunter Hayes – Encore
Craig Duncan – Civil War: Songs of the North
Betse Ellis – High Moon Order
Various Artists – Woody Guthrie at 100: Live at the Kennedy Center
Various Artists – Putumayo Presents Acoustic America
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …