Trisha Yearwood, Little Big Town Win Daytime Emmys; Michael Cleveland Signs with Compass; Album Releases
- Miss Leslie’s next album is coming out August 13. Listen to her new song, “After the Storm,” here.
- Michael Cleveland has signed with Compass Records. He’s working on an album for release in 2014. (via press release)
- Trisha Yearwood and Little Big Town took home Daytime Emmy Awards Sunday night. Yearwood won for Outstanding Culinary Program and LBT award was in the Best Original Song category.
- Jimmy Webb played MacArthur Park, where he played “MacArthur Park.”
- Speaking of Jimmy Webb, he’ll release Still Within the Sound of My Voice on September 10. Here’s the album opener, “Sleeping in the Daytime,” featuring Lyle Lovett.
- Patty Loveless celebrated 25 years as an Opry member.
- The Chris Thile/Punch Brothers documentary How to Grow a Band is streaming on Netflix.
- Twang Nation posted a couple videos of Sarah Jarosz performing songs from her forthcoming album, Build Me Up from Bones, due out this fall.
- Stream Mavis Staples’ One True Vine on NPR’s music blog.
- Alt-country’s Scud Mountain Boys are releasing their next record in July, only 17 years after their last album.
- Billy Bragg played a Tiny Desk Concert.
- Joey + Rory will release a gospel album on July 16.
- Jim Lauderdale, Willie Watson, and Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison have been added to this year’s Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion lineup.
- CMT Edge premiered Shannon McNally’s cover of “Small Town Talk.”
- You can never have enough yodeling.
- The Roys released a new video for “Gypsy Runaway Train.”
- Here’s a two-hour show on Patty Griffin from BBC Radio Scotland’s Another Country with Ricky Ross.
- This week’s album releases:
Slaid Cleaves – Still Fighting the War
Delbert & Glen – Blind, Crippled and Crazy
Bill Kirchen – Seeds and Stems
Big Country Bluegrass – Memories of the Past
Donna the Buffalo – Tonight, Tomorrow and Yesterday
Adam Steffey – New Primitive
Eddie Spaghetti – The Value of Nothing
Phoebe Hunt – Live at the Cactus Café
Annabelle’s Curse – Hollow Creature
Hunter Hayes – Encore
Craig Duncan – Civil War: Songs of the North
Betse Ellis – High Moon Order
Various Artists – Woody Guthrie at 100: Live at the Kennedy Center
Various Artists – Putumayo Presents Acoustic America
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …