Trisha Yearwood, Little Big Town Win Daytime Emmys; Michael Cleveland Signs with Compass; Album Releases
- Miss Leslie’s next album is coming out August 13. Listen to her new song, “After the Storm,” here.
- Michael Cleveland has signed with Compass Records. He’s working on an album for release in 2014. (via press release)
- Trisha Yearwood and Little Big Town took home Daytime Emmy Awards Sunday night. Yearwood won for Outstanding Culinary Program and LBT award was in the Best Original Song category.
- Jimmy Webb played MacArthur Park, where he played “MacArthur Park.”
- Speaking of Jimmy Webb, he’ll release Still Within the Sound of My Voice on September 10. Here’s the album opener, “Sleeping in the Daytime,” featuring Lyle Lovett.
- Patty Loveless celebrated 25 years as an Opry member.
- The Chris Thile/Punch Brothers documentary How to Grow a Band is streaming on Netflix.
- Twang Nation posted a couple videos of Sarah Jarosz performing songs from her forthcoming album, Build Me Up from Bones, due out this fall.
- Stream Mavis Staples’ One True Vine on NPR’s music blog.
- Alt-country’s Scud Mountain Boys are releasing their next record in July, only 17 years after their last album.
- Billy Bragg played a Tiny Desk Concert.
- Joey + Rory will release a gospel album on July 16.
- Jim Lauderdale, Willie Watson, and Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison have been added to this year’s Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion lineup.
- CMT Edge premiered Shannon McNally’s cover of “Small Town Talk.”
- You can never have enough yodeling.
- The Roys released a new video for “Gypsy Runaway Train.”
- Here’s a two-hour show on Patty Griffin from BBC Radio Scotland’s Another Country with Ricky Ross.
- This week’s album releases:
Slaid Cleaves – Still Fighting the War
Delbert & Glen – Blind, Crippled and Crazy
Bill Kirchen – Seeds and Stems
Big Country Bluegrass – Memories of the Past
Donna the Buffalo – Tonight, Tomorrow and Yesterday
Adam Steffey – New Primitive
Eddie Spaghetti – The Value of Nothing
Phoebe Hunt – Live at the Cactus Café
Annabelle’s Curse – Hollow Creature
Hunter Hayes – Encore
Craig Duncan – Civil War: Songs of the North
Betse Ellis – High Moon Order
Various Artists – Woody Guthrie at 100: Live at the Kennedy Center
Various Artists – Putumayo Presents Acoustic America
- Paige: Oh damn. :( I never commented here and I haven't been listening to any music at all since Thanksgiving (it …
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …