Trisha, Martina Cancel SeaWorld Performances; Steve Earle to Host Songwriting Camp; New Music Videos
- Yesterday afternoon, Ray Price’s son, Cliff, posted to Facebook that his father had passed. However, Ray’s wife, Janie, refuted that statement, posting that while her husband was faltering, he was still alive. The Texas Music Scene with Ray Benson did a nice little video profile of Price.
- John Mellencamp has written 85 songs to choose from for his next project and will go into the studio with T Bone Burnett in late January.
- The Zac Brown Band released a combination music video/behind the scenes video of the making of “Let It Rain” with Dave Grohl.
- Nielsen released its “Top 10 Audio Formats of 2013″ chart and country ranks third, behind News/Talk at 9.3% and Pop Contemporary Hit Radio.
- Danielle Bradbery’s new song, “My Day,” will be featured in NBC’s 30-second and 60-second commercials for the upcoming Olympic Winter Games.
- The Tennessean’s Peter Cooper looks at the popularity boost that The Bluebird Café has experienced since the start of ABC’s Nashville.
- Hayden Panettiere and Taylor Swift each received Golden Globe nominations.
- Just in case your Christmas card from Kelly Clarkson got lost in the mail…
- Gretchen Wilson is showing some skin on the cover of Las Vegas Magazine.
- Following Willie Nelson’s decision last week, Trisha Yearwood and Martina McBride pulled out of their scheduled SeaWorld performances.
- The Grand Ole Opry put together a video telling the story behind Brandy Clark’s “Stripes.”
- Salon listed “14 amazing country songs for people who hate country.”
- Jake Owen played “Ghost Town” on Good Morning America.
- Taylor Swift donated $100,000 to the Nashville Symphony.
- The Court Yard Hounds have a new holiday song called “Bom Bom Bom.” You can hear it here.
- The great team over at My Kind of Country is reviewing Heather Myles’ entire discography this month.
- Billboard’s Chuck Dauphin interviewed Sarah Darling about her new EP, Have a Merry Little Christmas Darling.
- Nashville singer-songwriter Angel Snow, the pen behind Alison Krauss and Union Station’s “Lie Awake,” has a new solo album out due in spring. American Songwriter premiered “In My Head,” a song she wrote with Darrell Scott.
- Saving Country Music looks at this year’s success of producer Dave Cobb.
- Steve Earle will host a songwriting camp in New York next summer.
- In a very strange story, Ashley Judd seems to want custody over Wynonna’s daughter and Wynonna put a tracking device on a car belonging to Ashley.
- New music videos and a couple of live performances from the past week or so:
The Bostocks – “Hook, Line and Sinker”
Truth & Salvage Co. – “Appalachian Hilltop”
Florida Georgia Line – “It’z Just What We Do”
Thomas Rhett – “Get Me Some of That”
Parmalee – “Day Drinkin’”
Austin Webb – “Slip On By”
Noah Gunderson – “Ledges”
Grace & Tony – “Let You Down”
Kelly Clarkson, Trisha Yearwood and Reba McEntire – “Silent Night”
Frankie Ballard – “Helluva Life”
Holly Williams – “The Highway”
Kenny Chesney and The Wailers – “Spread the Love”
Lady Antebellum – “Compass”
Lily & Madeleine – “In the Bleak Midwinter”
- Leeann: I'm glad you reviewed this album. I think your rating is what I'd give it too. It's a good album, …
- luckyoldsun: That Bobby Bare/Bill Parsons story has been often told, but I still don't quite understand how two then-nobodies could go …
- Leeann: The Jack Clement album is quite good!
- Donald: "Ryan Adams announced .... the August 19 release of “1984,'" Which, I'm told, is the fifteen years later update of his …
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Delighted to hear that Hot Rize have a new album coming out – and thanks for the link to that …
- luckyoldsun: Nobody can do Karaoke George Jones like Kershaw!
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …
- paul w dennis: The Kershaw album is really noteworthy for its song selections. Other than "I'll Share My World With You", it omits …