Trisha, Martina Cancel SeaWorld Performances; Steve Earle to Host Songwriting Camp; New Music Videos
- Yesterday afternoon, Ray Price’s son, Cliff, posted to Facebook that his father had passed. However, Ray’s wife, Janie, refuted that statement, posting that while her husband was faltering, he was still alive. The Texas Music Scene with Ray Benson did a nice little video profile of Price.
- John Mellencamp has written 85 songs to choose from for his next project and will go into the studio with T Bone Burnett in late January.
- The Zac Brown Band released a combination music video/behind the scenes video of the making of “Let It Rain” with Dave Grohl.
- Nielsen released its “Top 10 Audio Formats of 2013″ chart and country ranks third, behind News/Talk at 9.3% and Pop Contemporary Hit Radio.
- Danielle Bradbery’s new song, “My Day,” will be featured in NBC’s 30-second and 60-second commercials for the upcoming Olympic Winter Games.
- The Tennessean’s Peter Cooper looks at the popularity boost that The Bluebird Café has experienced since the start of ABC’s Nashville.
- Hayden Panettiere and Taylor Swift each received Golden Globe nominations.
- Just in case your Christmas card from Kelly Clarkson got lost in the mail…
- Gretchen Wilson is showing some skin on the cover of Las Vegas Magazine.
- Following Willie Nelson’s decision last week, Trisha Yearwood and Martina McBride pulled out of their scheduled SeaWorld performances.
- The Grand Ole Opry put together a video telling the story behind Brandy Clark’s “Stripes.”
- Salon listed “14 amazing country songs for people who hate country.”
- Jake Owen played “Ghost Town” on Good Morning America.
- Taylor Swift donated $100,000 to the Nashville Symphony.
- The Court Yard Hounds have a new holiday song called “Bom Bom Bom.” You can hear it here.
- The great team over at My Kind of Country is reviewing Heather Myles’ entire discography this month.
- Billboard’s Chuck Dauphin interviewed Sarah Darling about her new EP, Have a Merry Little Christmas Darling.
- Nashville singer-songwriter Angel Snow, the pen behind Alison Krauss and Union Station’s “Lie Awake,” has a new solo album out due in spring. American Songwriter premiered “In My Head,” a song she wrote with Darrell Scott.
- Saving Country Music looks at this year’s success of producer Dave Cobb.
- Steve Earle will host a songwriting camp in New York next summer.
- In a very strange story, Ashley Judd seems to want custody over Wynonna’s daughter and Wynonna put a tracking device on a car belonging to Ashley.
- New music videos and a couple of live performances from the past week or so:
The Bostocks – “Hook, Line and Sinker”
Truth & Salvage Co. – “Appalachian Hilltop”
Florida Georgia Line – “It’z Just What We Do”
Thomas Rhett – “Get Me Some of That”
Parmalee – “Day Drinkin’”
Austin Webb – “Slip On By”
Noah Gunderson – “Ledges”
Grace & Tony – “Let You Down”
Kelly Clarkson, Trisha Yearwood and Reba McEntire – “Silent Night”
Frankie Ballard – “Helluva Life”
Holly Williams – “The Highway”
Kenny Chesney and The Wailers – “Spread the Love”
Lady Antebellum – “Compass”
Lily & Madeleine – “In the Bleak Midwinter”
- june wommack: Just love DonWilliamsMy daught is named after him. My favorite song Amanda and middle name id Dawn of course after …
- henry: Aikou and NM: Yes, Duane was a huge fan of the Lord of the Rings and took her name from …
- nm: Aikou, anyone in the US who hadn't read LoTR at the time when Galadrielle was born was hopelessly out of …
- Aikou: I'm honestly wondering how Duane came up with Galadrielle as a name for his daughter, I'm assuming he probably was …
- Paul W Dennis: I like the song, although it does not compare with his best efforts. Don, of course, is always a supremely …
- Diane Reiten: Once a Don Williams fan...always a Don Williams fan....with his voice this man can do no wrong!!!
- bruce: If there is one thing Don Williams seems incapable of doing, it is putting out a bad song or album. …
- Sandi Price: Can't wait for the entire CD. Will see him a couple weeks in Shippensburg, PA and hope we can …
- LINDA SCALES: REALLY LIKE IT
- TX Music Jim: To me the point is freedom of the press the review should not have been censored. I dislike Aldean's music …