Trisha, Martina Cancel SeaWorld Performances; Steve Earle to Host Songwriting Camp; New Music Videos
- Yesterday afternoon, Ray Price’s son, Cliff, posted to Facebook that his father had passed. However, Ray’s wife, Janie, refuted that statement, posting that while her husband was faltering, he was still alive. The Texas Music Scene with Ray Benson did a nice little video profile of Price.
- John Mellencamp has written 85 songs to choose from for his next project and will go into the studio with T Bone Burnett in late January.
- The Zac Brown Band released a combination music video/behind the scenes video of the making of “Let It Rain” with Dave Grohl.
- Nielsen released its “Top 10 Audio Formats of 2013″ chart and country ranks third, behind News/Talk at 9.3% and Pop Contemporary Hit Radio.
- Danielle Bradbery’s new song, “My Day,” will be featured in NBC’s 30-second and 60-second commercials for the upcoming Olympic Winter Games.
- The Tennessean’s Peter Cooper looks at the popularity boost that The Bluebird Café has experienced since the start of ABC’s Nashville.
- Hayden Panettiere and Taylor Swift each received Golden Globe nominations.
- Just in case your Christmas card from Kelly Clarkson got lost in the mail…
- Gretchen Wilson is showing some skin on the cover of Las Vegas Magazine.
- Following Willie Nelson’s decision last week, Trisha Yearwood and Martina McBride pulled out of their scheduled SeaWorld performances.
- The Grand Ole Opry put together a video telling the story behind Brandy Clark’s “Stripes.”
- Salon listed “14 amazing country songs for people who hate country.”
- Jake Owen played “Ghost Town” on Good Morning America.
- Taylor Swift donated $100,000 to the Nashville Symphony.
- The Court Yard Hounds have a new holiday song called “Bom Bom Bom.” You can hear it here.
- The great team over at My Kind of Country is reviewing Heather Myles’ entire discography this month.
- Billboard’s Chuck Dauphin interviewed Sarah Darling about her new EP, Have a Merry Little Christmas Darling.
- Nashville singer-songwriter Angel Snow, the pen behind Alison Krauss and Union Station’s “Lie Awake,” has a new solo album out due in spring. American Songwriter premiered “In My Head,” a song she wrote with Darrell Scott.
- Saving Country Music looks at this year’s success of producer Dave Cobb.
- Steve Earle will host a songwriting camp in New York next summer.
- In a very strange story, Ashley Judd seems to want custody over Wynonna’s daughter and Wynonna put a tracking device on a car belonging to Ashley.
- New music videos and a couple of live performances from the past week or so:
The Bostocks – “Hook, Line and Sinker”
Truth & Salvage Co. – “Appalachian Hilltop”
Florida Georgia Line – “It’z Just What We Do”
Thomas Rhett – “Get Me Some of That”
Parmalee – “Day Drinkin’”
Austin Webb – “Slip On By”
Noah Gunderson – “Ledges”
Grace & Tony – “Let You Down”
Kelly Clarkson, Trisha Yearwood and Reba McEntire – “Silent Night”
Frankie Ballard – “Helluva Life”
Holly Williams – “The Highway”
Kenny Chesney and The Wailers – “Spread the Love”
Lady Antebellum – “Compass”
Lily & Madeleine – “In the Bleak Midwinter”
- bob: Enjoyed the Himes article on classic baseball songs. Thanks. Himes also mentioned some books. To those he noted I would …
- luckyoldsun: Well it probably wasn't Larry Gatlin.
- A.B.: Anyone else think Marty Stuart might be part of Lakehouse Holdings that bought the Johnny Cash/Barry Gibb property?
- David Cantwell: Thanks, Andrew. It almost seems inevitable that the greatest singers--Sinatra and George Jones, say--just don't sing so well at the …
- Andrew: Very well put. I don't remember the last time an album gave me chills right from the opening note quite …
- TX Music Jim: All valid choices. I will forever hold out the hope that Gram Parsons, Jerry Jeff Walker and Gary Stewart will …
- Leeann Ward: Oops...the link: http://www.engine145.com/summer-lovin-ronnie-milsap-looks-back-new-album/
- Leeann Ward: Yes, great choices for inductees! In Milsap's case, I guess if you say it to Juli Thanki, it will happen!:): Do …
- Paul W Dennis: Delighted to see "The Voice With A Heart" being inducted - he is my all-time favorite bluegrass vocalist. Hank Cochran …
- luckyoldsun: I don't know what exactly makes one a national treasure, but I'd give that appellation to Mac Wiseman before the …