Trace Adkins Laying Groundwork For New Album, Single Due In August
- EW.com follows up today with their top 25 Best Love Songs Ever. Johnny Cash makes an appearance on the list at number twelve with “Ring of Fire” and Dolly Parton gets a nod, but ultimately the recognition goes to Whitney Houston for “I Will Always Love You”. Does anyone else feel like country might have got the shaft a little on this list?
- Twang Nation‘s Baron Lane uses the words exhilarated and drained to describe last Thursday’s barrage of performances from the Drive By Truckers, Justin Townes Earle, and Jason Isbell.
With the “extremely amicable” departure of singer /songwriter/guitarist Jason Isbell I had some trepidation that the remaining band would be lacking in some significant way. I should have known better than to question the resiliency of mighty Truckers.
- Kenny Chesney’s “Never Wanted Nothing More” has hit No. 1 a mere seven weeks after it’s official release date, making it Chesney’s fastest chart topper to date.
“I know when we get up on that stage, it’s as much a rock show as anything,” Chesney said. “But all you gotta do is listen to me sing to know I’m a country artist… and this song goes a long way to make that point. I’m not guessing here, I know my country music… After all, and I think I’ve said this before, where else but country music could you get laid and saved in the same three minutes? But life hits you fast – and that’s everything this song is about.”
- Tim McGraw is making his own rock references, Lance Miller writes:
Well, in Columbus, when I was playing guitar, Tim pulled me up on the main part of the stage with him, then he started fixin’ my shirt like his and he whispered in my ear, “If you wanna be a rock star, you better start acting like one.”
- Trace Adkins says he doesn’t have the patience these days to work to make a single reach the top 10 if it hasn’t done anything after the first 16 weeks. So regardless of how his current single, “I Wanna Feel Something”, is doing, he’s planning on releasing a new one in August off an album that he hopes to get out by the end of the year.
- Little Texas would have released a new album a few years ago had it not been for drama and legal battles between a few of the original members.
- Aside from her singing career Liz Carlisle plans on doing some speeches. As a part of her Big Dreams Tour she’s been invited by the Arabian Horse Association to be the keynote speaker at Youth Nationals.
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …
- Matt: Definitely agree with C.M. about Maddie & Tae. Certainly not the tidal wave of change some claimed it is or …
- Dave D.: Good stuff, as always. My copy of Producing Country arrived yesterday, and it looks to be as good as …
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.