Trace Adkins Laying Groundwork For New Album, Single Due In August
- EW.com follows up today with their top 25 Best Love Songs Ever. Johnny Cash makes an appearance on the list at number twelve with “Ring of Fire” and Dolly Parton gets a nod, but ultimately the recognition goes to Whitney Houston for “I Will Always Love You”. Does anyone else feel like country might have got the shaft a little on this list?
- Twang Nation‘s Baron Lane uses the words exhilarated and drained to describe last Thursday’s barrage of performances from the Drive By Truckers, Justin Townes Earle, and Jason Isbell.
With the “extremely amicable” departure of singer /songwriter/guitarist Jason Isbell I had some trepidation that the remaining band would be lacking in some significant way. I should have known better than to question the resiliency of mighty Truckers.
- Kenny Chesney’s “Never Wanted Nothing More” has hit No. 1 a mere seven weeks after it’s official release date, making it Chesney’s fastest chart topper to date.
“I know when we get up on that stage, it’s as much a rock show as anything,” Chesney said. “But all you gotta do is listen to me sing to know I’m a country artist… and this song goes a long way to make that point. I’m not guessing here, I know my country music… After all, and I think I’ve said this before, where else but country music could you get laid and saved in the same three minutes? But life hits you fast – and that’s everything this song is about.”
- Tim McGraw is making his own rock references, Lance Miller writes:
Well, in Columbus, when I was playing guitar, Tim pulled me up on the main part of the stage with him, then he started fixin’ my shirt like his and he whispered in my ear, “If you wanna be a rock star, you better start acting like one.”
- Trace Adkins says he doesn’t have the patience these days to work to make a single reach the top 10 if it hasn’t done anything after the first 16 weeks. So regardless of how his current single, “I Wanna Feel Something”, is doing, he’s planning on releasing a new one in August off an album that he hopes to get out by the end of the year.
- Little Texas would have released a new album a few years ago had it not been for drama and legal battles between a few of the original members.
- Aside from her singing career Liz Carlisle plans on doing some speeches. As a part of her Big Dreams Tour she’s been invited by the Arabian Horse Association to be the keynote speaker at Youth Nationals.
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider