Trace Adkins Laying Groundwork For New Album, Single Due In August
- EW.com follows up today with their top 25 Best Love Songs Ever. Johnny Cash makes an appearance on the list at number twelve with “Ring of Fire” and Dolly Parton gets a nod, but ultimately the recognition goes to Whitney Houston for “I Will Always Love You”. Does anyone else feel like country might have got the shaft a little on this list?
- Twang Nation‘s Baron Lane uses the words exhilarated and drained to describe last Thursday’s barrage of performances from the Drive By Truckers, Justin Townes Earle, and Jason Isbell.
With the “extremely amicable” departure of singer /songwriter/guitarist Jason Isbell I had some trepidation that the remaining band would be lacking in some significant way. I should have known better than to question the resiliency of mighty Truckers.
- Kenny Chesney’s “Never Wanted Nothing More” has hit No. 1 a mere seven weeks after it’s official release date, making it Chesney’s fastest chart topper to date.
“I know when we get up on that stage, it’s as much a rock show as anything,” Chesney said. “But all you gotta do is listen to me sing to know I’m a country artist… and this song goes a long way to make that point. I’m not guessing here, I know my country music… After all, and I think I’ve said this before, where else but country music could you get laid and saved in the same three minutes? But life hits you fast – and that’s everything this song is about.”
- Tim McGraw is making his own rock references, Lance Miller writes:
Well, in Columbus, when I was playing guitar, Tim pulled me up on the main part of the stage with him, then he started fixin’ my shirt like his and he whispered in my ear, “If you wanna be a rock star, you better start acting like one.”
- Trace Adkins says he doesn’t have the patience these days to work to make a single reach the top 10 if it hasn’t done anything after the first 16 weeks. So regardless of how his current single, “I Wanna Feel Something”, is doing, he’s planning on releasing a new one in August off an album that he hopes to get out by the end of the year.
- Little Texas would have released a new album a few years ago had it not been for drama and legal battles between a few of the original members.
- Aside from her singing career Liz Carlisle plans on doing some speeches. As a part of her Big Dreams Tour she’s been invited by the Arabian Horse Association to be the keynote speaker at Youth Nationals.
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim. The record's more or less out of Austin. But I'm sure they're also good in El Paso...
- Jim Z: Dirty River Boys are from El Paso, Texas.