Top 10 Bluegrass Albums of 2010
2010 has been an excellent year for bluegrass music. Whether your taste in bluegrass is traditional, progressive, or somewhere in between, you probably ended the year with an extensive playlist of new favorites. Here are our favorite bluegrass albums of the past year. Stylistically, these records are all over the spectrum. There are the usual suspects—The Grascals, Dailey & Vincent, the other Vincent—and a couple newcomers on the countdown, too.
With albums from the Gibson Brothers, Sierra Hull & Highway 111, Joe Mullins & The Radio Ramblers, and Sarah Jarosz slated for release, the first half of 2011 is looking good for bluegrass fans. But until then, give the following albums another spin or two.
10. Quicksand, Randy Kohrs
9. Things That Fly , The Infamous Stringdusters
8. Sing the Statler Brothers, Dailey & Vincent
7. Antifogmatic, Punch Brothers
6. Cherryholmes IV: Common Threads, Cherryholmes
5. The Famous Lefty Flynn’s, The Grascals
4. Taken, Rhonda Vincent
3. Homecoming, Joe Diffie
2. Reckless, The SteelDrivers
1. Up on the Ridge, Dierks Bentley
- luckyoldsun: MH-- "...divisive, dismissive and argumentative." There's a shock. Who'da thunk it.
- MH: Looks like the IBMA is finding out what a lot of us already knew about former & frequent Engine 145 …
- Tom: ...it is almost the year 2015 - ain't it about time we leave people (celebrities included) having the personal relations …
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.