Toby Keith Talks About His Patriotism And An Unnamed Dixie Chick
- Newsday.com has a great, in-depth article about Toby Keith. Keith discusses topics ranging from the war, his uncompromising patriotism, the singer who shall not be named from the Dixie Chicks, and his political views.
“I don’t apologize for being patriotic,” Keith says — a phrase he repeats several times during the conversation. “If there is something socially incorrect about being patriotic and supporting your troops, then they can kiss my — — on that, because I’m not going to budge on that at all. And that has nothing to do with politics. Politics is what’s killing America.”
- I like all these country music festivals in which more well-known artists are sharing the same stage as lesser known artists. I guess it’s comparable to opening acts at concerts, but on a bigger scale since a lot more artists are involved. I came across another festival/roundup, whatever you want to call it, the Winfield Country Roundup which has some pretty awesome talent lined up to perform.
- More auction news: Willie Nelson, Jessica Simpson and Kinky Friedman are among the celebrities donating memorabilia to The Aetheria Foundation. The proceeds will hep provide scholarships to aspiring artists.
- If you missed it, check out the review for the Colgate Country Showdown that Matt C. gave in the comment section of yesterday’s news roundup. It’s a superbly written article to say the least.
- The Washington Post has an interesting article about country radio stations having to appeal to different demographics without upsetting their core audience.
via Country Nation
- jenny patrick: my favorite part of autumn is the smell of a bonfire to roast weiners and marshmallows on .
- jeanie kinman: My favorite part of Autumn is all the festivals with bands playing Bluegrass music..Come on down to Ky Joe Mullins …
- Keith Saterwhite: My favorite part of Autumn are the beautiful colors on the trees, here in the foothills of the Blueridge Mountains.
- phillip Martinez: Thanks Joe, for always the great music.
- Martin DeSimio: Fresh apple cider.
- Jessica Whited: My favorite part of autumn is the chance to have bonfires with my friends and family.
- Sandy Kapphahn: Love the fall colors!
- Erik North: Caitlin Rose has become one of my favorite female singers of any genre in this century; and I think her …
- Sandy Chatfield: My favorite part of autumn.....football!
- Teresa McGraw: My favorite part of Autumn is pulling out the sweaters.