Tim McGraw Set To Launch His Own Fragrance
- File this one under the sketchy column, but apparently Beyonce is intent on recording a “country” album.
“She is a big fan of country music and thought that would be an interesting and exciting way to go.
“She tested the waters at the American Music Awards last weekend and she is up for it.”
And who is she reportedly going to for material? British singer/songwriter Amanda Ghost, who has a few hits under her belt, but what does she have to do with country music?
- Sony ATV Nashville made music publishing history this past award season by sweeping the country music publisher of the year award category from all three performing rights organizations (ASCAP, BMI, SESAC) and becoming the first publishing company to accomplish that feat.
- Haven Healthcare Corporation, a nursing home company, declared bankruptcy amid a state inquiry into whether its CEO illegally used Medicaid funds to launch the Nashville-based record label, Category 5 Records. Artists recording for Category 5 Records include George Jones, Travis Tritt, and Sammy Kershaw. Poor Sammy just can’t catch a break, can he?
- Garth Brooks is planning another concert, but this time it’s for the benefit of the victims of the recent fires in California. The concert will take place at the Staples Center in LA on January 26. More details will be released in the next couple of days.
- Tim McGraw is launching his own fragrance next summer through Coty Inc., the largest fragrance company in the world.
“Creating my own fragrance is an exciting new endeavor for me,” McGraw said. “Coty has a great creative and marketing team, one of the best in the industry, and I’m looking forward to working with them.”
I wonder if Tim read the cheesy copy announcing the release of Shania Twain’s perfume through the same company. If the creative team is so great, the first thing they’d do is call it something more manly than a “fragrance.” Any suggestions?
- Rodney Atkins flew to Washington on November 16 to perform for the President and his wife, a few members of Congress, and a room of adopted children and their families in honor of National Adoption Month.
“It was funny, the first thing I said on stage was ‘Howdy y’all.’ Then I said, ‘I can’t believe I just said y’all in the White House, but I’m sure it’s not the first time y’all has been said here.’ President Bush said ‘No, it’s definitely not.’ I just hope I represented respectfully country music and my family. It was a thrill I’ll never forget. We even put the picture of President Bush with Elijah on the first page of my website. What an experience.”
- Country Universe rated the Top 20 singles from 5 years ago and more than half of the songs on the list receive an “A”. If only the majority of songs today were so deserving…
- Carrie Underwood made an appearance on EW’s Top 25 Stars of 2007.
In 2007, Underwood further solidified her country bona fides with a confident, twangy No. 1 album, Carnival Ride, that vindicated all the promise and possibility American Idol aspires to offer.
- Keith Urban discusses his new greatest hits album and his marriage in this interview with CMT Insider.
First things first, why did you name it Keith Urban Greatest Hits: 18 Kids?
Oh, for a lot of reasons. I mean, in a lot of ways, the songs are like my children, and it was a bit of a play on the amount of times we get asked about having kids. So, I think by now, we’ve probably had about 18 kids, you know.
- Taylor Swift will help announce the Grammy nominees on December 6th.
- nm: Does anyone know whatever became of the album that Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer were going to do together?
- luckyoldsun: I'm not surprised. Artists who can't get seem to get a satisfactory deal with a commercial label always say how …
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.