Tim McGraw Ejects Fan; Trace Adkins & Gene Watson Answer ‘Murder On Music Row’
- Tim McGraw stopped his concert at the California Mid-State Fair in Paso Robles on Sunday to have a man ejected by security for his perceived mistreatment of a woman. In other McGraw news, his next album, Southern Voice, will be released Oct. 20.
New releases for the week of July 28, 2009 include:
- Listen to “Michael” by Jamie Wilson and find out the back story at The Eye of the Hurricane.
“I wrote that song on the day that I realized that my brother was going to prison. We had been really trying to get him off with just probation, but I called him one day and just asked him what he wanted to do. He said that he’d rather we just stopped trying and let him do his time. …”
- Randy Khors and his band had more than $50,000 worth of instruments and gear stolen from their van in Obetz, OH.
- The Recording Academy plans to host its first-ever GRAMMY Salute To Country Music and honor Vince Gill on Sept. 9 in Nashville with a lineup that features Amy Grant, Alison Krauss, Steve Martin, Michael McDonald, and Brad Paisley.
- Watch new music videos for Jason Aldean‘s “Big Green Tractor” and Brooks & Dunn‘s “Indian Summer” at the CMT Blog.
- Farce the Music says “anything but country” guy deserves a sackpunch.
You’re an idiot, “anything but country” guy/girl. However, the fact that I know with 100% certainty that you’re lying, renders your opinion null and void. Do you like industrial indie jazz metal? Do you like didjeridoo ballads? Do you like Brooke Hogan? Didn’t think so. Have you ever heard a Steven Seagal album? Didn’t think so. I think we can now agree that you DO NOT in fact, like anything but country.
- If these five essential Willie albums aren’t already in your collection, you must be from up north (from the December 2001 issue of Maxim magazine).
- Add Brandi Carlile (Give Up The Ghost) and Band of Heathens (One Foot in the Ether) to the list of artists/bands with new album releases this fall.
- Trace Adkins joined Gene Watson to record “We’ve Got a Pulse,” an answer song to “Murder on Music Row.” The song will appear on Watson’s next album, A Taste of the Truth (Aug. 25).
“This is a unique album for me because we stepped out a bit to include some more modern instrumentation but still keeping my style,” says Gene, who topped the charts in 1981 with the song “Fourteen Carat Mind.” “We’ve got plenty of fiddle and steel but some beautiful orchestration on one song and some contemporary songs by today’s hottest writers.”
- While we’re on the subject of new albums, Kris Kristofferson considers his next, Closer to the Bone (Sept. 29), a sequel of sorts to This Old Road. The record marks some of the last recordings by his friend Stephen Bruton and features songs inspired by Johnny Cash and Eddie Rabbitt‘s son, Timmy.
- Watch Ashley Monroe performing “Deep Water” with Jewel during a recent concert.
- Kenny Chesney is set to launch No Shoes Radio, a web-based radio station where he’ll share his eclectic tastes, on August 6.
“People ask me what I do and, obviously, because of the way I sing and where I come from, I’m a country singer, but really, what I do draws on so much more than that,” Kenny explains. “Growing up, I don’t think anybody listened to any one kind of thing — and what I think of as country, well, that’s not really what we do …”
- The Texas Music Matters song of the day is “Highway Eyes” from Frank Smith, which is a band, not a man.
- Paige: Oh damn. :( I never commented here and I haven't been listening to any music at all since Thanksgiving (it …
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …