Tim McGraw And Faith Hill Say Live Collaboration Ends With Soul2Soul
- Apparently Tim McGraw and Faith Hill have both said that this year’s Soul2Soul Tour will be their last live collaboration for a “really, really long time,” but left the reason up to speculation.
- Jo Dee Messina announced her engagement last Friday.
- Following Cowboy Jack Clement, Earl Scruggs, Tom T. Hall and Guy Clark, Kris Kristofferson has become the 5th artist-in-residence for the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and will perform a show on their stage on August 14 and 15.
- Hazel Smith has an amusing snippet from one of Keith Urban’s recent concerts:
As Keith moseyed down the long catwalk during the middle of the sold-out concert, some guy yelled, “Hey Keith, I’ll let you kiss my wife if you’ll let me kiss yours.” Keith hesitated for a moment, then walked over and gave the man’s wife a kiss before crowing, “Good luck on the other part of the deal, brother.”
- In the country music industry, Toby Keith considers himself an underdog. Beverly Keel writes about his snubs at the CMA Awards and what Keith thinks about all that. He also talks about his old record label and the benefit of owning his own label now.
- Describing Max Stalling’s fourth studio album, Topaz City, Mario Tarradell from Dallas Morning News wrote:
Clearly the most mature, melodic record of his regional recording output, Topaz City finds the goateed, 6-foot-5-inch Texan in command of thoughtful lyrics, particularly on the melancholy, reflective title cut, and a full sound that fits his laid-back, slightly quirky and totally honest penchant for Americana-styled Texas country.
The rest of the article makes Stalling seem just interesting enough for me to want to check this one out.
- To be honest, I wasn’t going to read all of this article about Waylon Jennings as told by Billy Ray Reynolds, but once I started I couldn’t stop. It’s one of those rare articles that doesn’t seem to follow a formula but reads more like an excerpt from a book.
- On July 10th Sarah Buxton will release a five-song digital EP titled Almost My Record.
- Matt from The Lost Highway says that you can expect Brad Paisley’s 5th Gear to wind up on his year end Best of 2007 list.
- A.B.: I think I understand why the eating disorder facility wants to be located there besides it being the former Cash …
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …
- Matt: Definitely agree with C.M. about Maddie & Tae. Certainly not the tidal wave of change some claimed it is or …
- Dave D.: Good stuff, as always. My copy of Producing Country arrived yesterday, and it looks to be as good as …
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.