Tim McGraw and Curb Head to Court; Bob Dylan Tribute Album to Feature Kristofferson and Sugarland; Music Videos
- A new three million dollar film project called The Identical is in early development in Nashville and will look at the influence that gospel music had on Elvis Presley.
- The Tennessean had a front page story on Tim McGraw’s legal battles with Curb Records that will be heard in the courts this week.
- Former One Flew South singer/songwriter Eddie Bush has just released a holiday EP called Eddie & the Icicles: Holiday Harmonies.
- Julie Roberts unveiled a new acoustic John Prine cover to fans over the weekend called “Christmas in Prison.” Roberts does extensive volunteer work with female prison inmates so the song holds special meaning.
- Sugarland, Kris Kristofferson and Lucinda Williams will among artists contributing to a new Bob Dylan tribute album called Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan Honoring 50 Years of Amnesty International. The four CD project will be available towards the end of January.
- Emily West released a couple new songs via SoundCloud last week and shared them with her fans via Facebook.
- The Blue Ridge Music Hall of Fame announced their inductees and they include “Snuffy” Jenkins, in the Regional Musician and Sideman category; Cindy Baucom, Promoter, Organizer and Special Contributor; Robert “Tut” Taylor, Master Musician and Tradition Bearer; David Holt, Recording Industry; The Chuckwagon Gang, Gospel Music; Charlie Poole, Pioneer Artist; and George Hamilton IV, Nationally Known Artist from the Region. The BRHOF Dinner and Induction Ceremony is scheduled for Saturday, June 9, 2012, at the Stone Center for Performing Arts.
- Billboard did a feature on the Aussie trio The McClymonts.
- The JaneDear Girls will be making their television acting debut with a musical performance on Hart of Dixie tonight.
- If you missed the terrific CMT Crossroads episode featuring Vince Gill and Sting, they have four videos on the CMT website.
- American Idol winner Scotty McCreery had a little trouble timing his lip-syncing on the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade performance.
- Hopefully Jimmy Wayne will have a little more luck with the song tonight as he performs the national anthem before tonight’s Monday Night Football match-up between the New Orleans Saints and the New York Giants on ESPN.
- David Nail tweeted that Arkansas head coach was classless after he refused to shake the LSU head coach in Friday’s big college football match-up. Several Arkansas fans didn’t take that too well and flooded Nail with demeaning tweets.
- And speaking of David Nail, Country Standard Time thinks that his latest album is a good one.
- Rascal Flatts visited the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt this last week and added to their donations, which now exceed over 2.5 million dollars.
- Music videos from the past week:
Red Roots – “Double Wide Church”
Clay Wilson Band – “Not OK”
Joey + Rory – “If We Make It Through December”
Joey + Rory – “It’s Christmas Time”
Joey + Rory – Come Sit on Santa Claus’ Lap”
Lee Brice – “A Woman Like You”
Uncle Kracker – “My Hometown”
Kid Rock – “Care”
Honeyhoney — “Turn That Finger Around”
Lady Antebellum – “Need You Now” (Live on Dancing with the Stars)
Lady Antebellum – “Dancing Away With My Heart” (Live on Dancing with the Stars)
Katie Armiger – “Scream”
Taylor Swift & James Taylor – “Fire and Rain”
Lauren Alaina & Dierks Bentley – “Always on My Mind”
Craig Campbell – “I’ll Be Home for Christmas”
Gina Horswood – “Ordinary Girl”
Vanessa Lea & Road Train – “Red Stiletto”
Dallas Smith – “Somebody, Somewhere”