The Stylish Justin Townes Earle; Miranda Lambert Reaches No. 1; Jessica Harp Premieres New Video
- Justin Townes Earle was named one of the world’s most stylish men by GQ. Plus check out his new song with Dawn Landes titled “Do I Ever Cross Your Mind.”
- Does T Bone Burnett deserve half of the credit for the song “The Weary Kind?” Austin song publisher Brandi Warden says absolutely.
- T Bone Burnett‘s production schedule for the year includes: Willie Nelson, Steve Earle, Ryan Bingham, a collaborative album between Leon Russell and Elton John, the second solo album by Jakob Dylan, and a new recording by Gregg Allman.
- Michael McCall on the new Patty Griffin album:
“Downtown Church” is a stunningly powerful and compassionate work addressing homelessness, kindness, deceit and finding the strength to persevere through troubled tides. Produced by Buddy Miller, and partly recorded in a 19th century chapel in Nashville, “Downtown Church” proves again that Griffin’s talents transcend the singer-songwriter category through sheer force of her soulful voice and interpretive ability.
- Watch the video premiere of Jessica Harp‘s “A Woman Needs.”
- Country California: Quotable Country – 01/24/10 Edition
- Miranda Lambert earned her first No. 1 on the Mediabase chart.
- Country Universe: What classic pop song would you like to hear covered by a country artist?
- Bobby P.: Thanks for the link to my one hit wonder article!
- Leeann: I'm glad you reviewed this album. I think your rating is what I'd give it too. It's a good album, …
- luckyoldsun: That Bobby Bare/Bill Parsons story has been often told, but I still don't quite understand how two then-nobodies could go …
- Leeann: The Jack Clement album is quite good!
- Donald: "Ryan Adams announced .... the August 19 release of “1984,'" Which, I'm told, is the fifteen years later update of his …
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Delighted to hear that Hot Rize have a new album coming out – and thanks for the link to that …
- luckyoldsun: Nobody can do Karaoke George Jones like Kershaw!
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …