The Stylish Justin Townes Earle; Miranda Lambert Reaches No. 1; Jessica Harp Premieres New Video
- Justin Townes Earle was named one of the world’s most stylish men by GQ. Plus check out his new song with Dawn Landes titled “Do I Ever Cross Your Mind.”
- Does T Bone Burnett deserve half of the credit for the song “The Weary Kind?” Austin song publisher Brandi Warden says absolutely.
- T Bone Burnett‘s production schedule for the year includes: Willie Nelson, Steve Earle, Ryan Bingham, a collaborative album between Leon Russell and Elton John, the second solo album by Jakob Dylan, and a new recording by Gregg Allman.
- Michael McCall on the new Patty Griffin album:
“Downtown Church” is a stunningly powerful and compassionate work addressing homelessness, kindness, deceit and finding the strength to persevere through troubled tides. Produced by Buddy Miller, and partly recorded in a 19th century chapel in Nashville, “Downtown Church” proves again that Griffin’s talents transcend the singer-songwriter category through sheer force of her soulful voice and interpretive ability.
- Watch the video premiere of Jessica Harp‘s “A Woman Needs.”
- Country California: Quotable Country – 01/24/10 Edition
- Miranda Lambert earned her first No. 1 on the Mediabase chart.
- Country Universe: What classic pop song would you like to hear covered by a country artist?
- Louie: "Brotherly Love," IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith's …
- Erik North: A big loss for not only the Nashville songwriting community, but for songwriting communities everywhere, in my opinion, that Paul …
- luckyoldsun: If they're only allowed one modern inductee per year in the H-o-F, then there's a backlog developing. You have Skaggs, …
- Leeann Ward: I'm not an ETC fan, but I do love "Brotherly Love" with Keith Whitley.
- luckyoldsun: It's got to be "What I'd Say." (I think that's the title.) There was some question, I believe, over whether …
- Paul W Dennis: probably "Nobody Falls Like A Fool" or "Silent Treatment"
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Where in heck's name is "That Was A Close One"?!?!? It's the guy's best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrR_2rXiKA0
- Cody: Love seeing ETC getting some credit! My five, in no particular order at first; Crowd Around the Corner Home So Fine I Have …
- Juli Thanki: I think it's technically a Keith Whitley song, but I've always been fond of his duet with ETC, "Brotherly Love."
- luckyoldsun: Lots of very good artists have not had anywhere near the radio play and hits that Lee Ann Womack has …