The Stylish Justin Townes Earle; Miranda Lambert Reaches No. 1; Jessica Harp Premieres New Video
- Justin Townes Earle was named one of the world’s most stylish men by GQ. Plus check out his new song with Dawn Landes titled “Do I Ever Cross Your Mind.”
- Does T Bone Burnett deserve half of the credit for the song “The Weary Kind?” Austin song publisher Brandi Warden says absolutely.
- T Bone Burnett‘s production schedule for the year includes: Willie Nelson, Steve Earle, Ryan Bingham, a collaborative album between Leon Russell and Elton John, the second solo album by Jakob Dylan, and a new recording by Gregg Allman.
- Michael McCall on the new Patty Griffin album:
“Downtown Church” is a stunningly powerful and compassionate work addressing homelessness, kindness, deceit and finding the strength to persevere through troubled tides. Produced by Buddy Miller, and partly recorded in a 19th century chapel in Nashville, “Downtown Church” proves again that Griffin’s talents transcend the singer-songwriter category through sheer force of her soulful voice and interpretive ability.
- Watch the video premiere of Jessica Harp‘s “A Woman Needs.”
- Country California: Quotable Country – 01/24/10 Edition
- Miranda Lambert earned her first No. 1 on the Mediabase chart.
- Country Universe: What classic pop song would you like to hear covered by a country artist?
- bob: Thanks Barry. Just reserved the Adam Gussow book. Sounds interesting.
- Barry Mazor: It may be over-stated, in arriving at practically a single explanation of everything, but Adam Gussow's book on lynching and …
- Leeann: Wow! Heavy topic and horrifying indeed! "Beer for My Horses" was all fun and games until that reference, I'll have …
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."