The Stylish Justin Townes Earle; Miranda Lambert Reaches No. 1; Jessica Harp Premieres New Video
- Justin Townes Earle was named one of the world’s most stylish men by GQ. Plus check out his new song with Dawn Landes titled “Do I Ever Cross Your Mind.”
- Does T Bone Burnett deserve half of the credit for the song “The Weary Kind?” Austin song publisher Brandi Warden says absolutely.
- T Bone Burnett‘s production schedule for the year includes: Willie Nelson, Steve Earle, Ryan Bingham, a collaborative album between Leon Russell and Elton John, the second solo album by Jakob Dylan, and a new recording by Gregg Allman.
- Michael McCall on the new Patty Griffin album:
“Downtown Church” is a stunningly powerful and compassionate work addressing homelessness, kindness, deceit and finding the strength to persevere through troubled tides. Produced by Buddy Miller, and partly recorded in a 19th century chapel in Nashville, “Downtown Church” proves again that Griffin’s talents transcend the singer-songwriter category through sheer force of her soulful voice and interpretive ability.
- Watch the video premiere of Jessica Harp‘s “A Woman Needs.”
- Country California: Quotable Country – 01/24/10 Edition
- Miranda Lambert earned her first No. 1 on the Mediabase chart.
- Country Universe: What classic pop song would you like to hear covered by a country artist?
- Paul W Dennis: Tom T & Dixie Hall are good people and I wish them all the best through this difficult time
- Paul W Dennis: Actually , it is not. We have so thoroughly debased our language that it is no longer possible to praise …
- Leeann Ward: Sheesh, Paul, that's a random/strange dig!
- Jack Williams: After reading that New Yorker article, I canceled my pre-order of the Basement Tapes box set. I love Bob …
- Leeann Ward: Wow! How terrible for Dixie Hall and Tom.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Another twisted collection of songs to put into the Friday Five Hall of Fame, Juli.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …