The Stylish Justin Townes Earle; Miranda Lambert Reaches No. 1; Jessica Harp Premieres New Video
- Justin Townes Earle was named one of the world’s most stylish men by GQ. Plus check out his new song with Dawn Landes titled “Do I Ever Cross Your Mind.”
- Does T Bone Burnett deserve half of the credit for the song “The Weary Kind?” Austin song publisher Brandi Warden says absolutely.
- T Bone Burnett‘s production schedule for the year includes: Willie Nelson, Steve Earle, Ryan Bingham, a collaborative album between Leon Russell and Elton John, the second solo album by Jakob Dylan, and a new recording by Gregg Allman.
- Michael McCall on the new Patty Griffin album:
“Downtown Church” is a stunningly powerful and compassionate work addressing homelessness, kindness, deceit and finding the strength to persevere through troubled tides. Produced by Buddy Miller, and partly recorded in a 19th century chapel in Nashville, “Downtown Church” proves again that Griffin’s talents transcend the singer-songwriter category through sheer force of her soulful voice and interpretive ability.
- Watch the video premiere of Jessica Harp‘s “A Woman Needs.”
- Country California: Quotable Country – 01/24/10 Edition
- Miranda Lambert earned her first No. 1 on the Mediabase chart.
- Country Universe: What classic pop song would you like to hear covered by a country artist?
- luckyoldsun: Paul, Good info. It's pretty disgraceful that Billboard editors can't even get musical history remotely right regarding even their own publication. The …
- Juli Thanki: Yep, I'll be there. Looking forward to it!
- Leeann: Wow! The Look Again to the Wind: Johnny Cash’s Bitter Tears Revisited album is so good!
- Jack Williams: I was also there on Saturday, Juli. I really liked Angeleena Presley's set, too. Marty and the boys …
- Jack Williams: I heard the guy who made the documentary talks funny. That's great news. I'll definitely buy a copy …
- Dave D.: Jim Lauderdale's The Other Sessions is my favorite; just a great country records, IMO.
- Paul W Dernnis: It seems that whoever wrote that Billboard article had some bum information. As of 1993, 13 country artists had 50 …
- Leeann: My favorite Jim Lauderdale albums are his collaborations with Ralph Stanley.
- Jeremy Dylan: Correcting my typo, that should be http://jimlauderdalemovie.com
- Jeremy Dylan: @SCOOTER: Depending on where your tastes lie, I'd say I'm A Song (the new record), Pretty Close to the Truth …