The Peasall Sisters Part Ways; Miranda Lambert to Perform at Grammys; Dale Watson on World Cafe
- The Peasall Sisters are parting ways.
- The Recording Academy’s first round of confirmed performers for the Grammy Awards includes Miranda Lambert.
- For this week’s Nashville Skyline, Chet Flippo reviewed the new Rodney Crowell memoir, Chinaberry Sidewalks.
- Kelly Dearmore published a brief Q&A with Jack Ingram.
- Dale Watson on his penchant for drinking songs: “I only drink when I work, but of course, I’m a workaholic.” He performed one of his new drinking songs, “Brown Bottle,” during his recent appearance on World Cafe. Also included are performances of “Carryin’ On This Way,” “Flower In Your Hair” and “I’ll Show You.”
- Despite the loss of frontman Gary Claxton, Heybale plans to perform this Sunday at the Continental Club in Austin, a gig the band has held since 2000.
- Charles Kelley on the next Lady Antebellum album:
“I think there’s gonna be a lot of nostalgic songs on the record,” he says. “Maybe that’s just because we’re all getting a little older. Now we’re so busy and there’s a little part of us that yearns for a time when it was a little simpler. I don’t know what fueled that.” (Maybe because he and Haywood, who went to the same high school, had their 10-year class reunion last year and had to skip it because they had a show. “But we did make a little video for ‘em saying we missed ‘em and hoped everybody was doing well,” he says.)
- Longtime Charlie Daniels Band guitarist Tommy Crain passed away.
- In today’s Honky Tonk Friday feature, Songs:Illinois highlighted new music from Davy Jay Sparrow.
- Galleywinter’s Brad Beheler put together a list associating Texas artists with popular TV shows.
Pat Green-90210: Immensely popular back in the day and in the midst of a reboot trying to recapture the old audience as well as some new fans.
Eli Young Band-Gossip Girl: Trendy show that is apparently popular with high school girls, but you don’t actually know anyone that actually watches it.
- Here’s a Carrie Rodriguez performance of “Steal Your Love” from the stage at Austin City Limits.
- SunsetPark: As a Pennsylvanian to this day, thanks for the list. I haven't heard the Quecreek song and so can't …
- Paul W Dennis: I would urge readers to check out the Billy Edd Wheeler salute on October 18, 2014. Billy Edd Wheeler is …
- Leeann Ward: I'm really liking Pink's folk duo song! I'm looking forward to the album!
- Donald: LOS, you made me giggle. Thank you.
- luckyoldsun: An in related news, an E.P.A. inspector is preparing to slap the cuffs on Nancy Jones tomorrow.
- luckyoldsun: Looks like old Lynn is not done saying "I beg your pardon..."
- luckyoldsun: And I hear that Pretty Boy Floyd wasn't exactly the gentleman eulogized by Woody Guthrie (and that he didn't set …
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Jeremy, I wish you the very best of luck with the release. Your moderator pick is a fine one.
- Jeremy Dylan: That FTM playlist is a grand way to spend an afternoon. SHAMELESS PLUG Btw, any Engine145 readers in Nashville on Monday night, …
- David Cantwell: Amen, Brother Barry.