The Peasall Sisters Part Ways; Miranda Lambert to Perform at Grammys; Dale Watson on World Cafe
- The Peasall Sisters are parting ways.
- The Recording Academy’s first round of confirmed performers for the Grammy Awards includes Miranda Lambert.
- For this week’s Nashville Skyline, Chet Flippo reviewed the new Rodney Crowell memoir, Chinaberry Sidewalks.
- Kelly Dearmore published a brief Q&A with Jack Ingram.
- Dale Watson on his penchant for drinking songs: “I only drink when I work, but of course, I’m a workaholic.” He performed one of his new drinking songs, “Brown Bottle,” during his recent appearance on World Cafe. Also included are performances of “Carryin’ On This Way,” “Flower In Your Hair” and “I’ll Show You.”
- Despite the loss of frontman Gary Claxton, Heybale plans to perform this Sunday at the Continental Club in Austin, a gig the band has held since 2000.
- Charles Kelley on the next Lady Antebellum album:
“I think there’s gonna be a lot of nostalgic songs on the record,” he says. “Maybe that’s just because we’re all getting a little older. Now we’re so busy and there’s a little part of us that yearns for a time when it was a little simpler. I don’t know what fueled that.” (Maybe because he and Haywood, who went to the same high school, had their 10-year class reunion last year and had to skip it because they had a show. “But we did make a little video for ‘em saying we missed ‘em and hoped everybody was doing well,” he says.)
- Longtime Charlie Daniels Band guitarist Tommy Crain passed away.
- In today’s Honky Tonk Friday feature, Songs:Illinois highlighted new music from Davy Jay Sparrow.
- Galleywinter’s Brad Beheler put together a list associating Texas artists with popular TV shows.
Pat Green-90210: Immensely popular back in the day and in the midst of a reboot trying to recapture the old audience as well as some new fans.
Eli Young Band-Gossip Girl: Trendy show that is apparently popular with high school girls, but you don’t actually know anyone that actually watches it.
- Here’s a Carrie Rodriguez performance of “Steal Your Love” from the stage at Austin City Limits.
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.