The Paisley’s Name Second Son Jasper Warren Paisley
- The Paisley’s named their second son Jasper Warren Paisley.
- The house belonging to Jimmy Dean and his wife caught fire last night, injuring three firefighters. Fortunately, the country singer and his wife were able to escape without harm.
- The New York Times‘ songwriting blog, Measure for Measure, is temporarily closing down and as an encore, they asked the various contributors to consider their experience writing about the songwriting process, and whether it had any effect on their actual songwriting. Here is Rosanne Cash‘s response, titled “Longing.”
New releases for the week of April 21, 2009 include:
Let me know if these lists of new releases interest you or not, and if so, would you rather they be broken out into a separate post?
- Watch Jamey Johnson perform “In Color” and “High Cost of Living” in the studio for iHeartMusic.com’s Stripped series. (via reader email)
- Want to dive into Reba McEntire’s back catalog, but don’t know where to start? Country Universe’s Kevin J. Coyne has you covered with ten songs he considers essential.
- Josh Turner, Marty Stuart, Jack Clement and Curb Records owner Mike Curb were among the inductees who earned a spot on the Music City Walk of Fame on Sunday.
- Ed Crowell gave a brief three-day rundown of Old Settler’s Music Fest.
- The Zac Brown Band and Jamey Johnson both earned official RIAA gold certification for surpassing sales of 500,000 copies of their latest albums.
- Listen to Dierks Bentley perform songs from his newest album on Mountain Stage.
- The CMT Music Video Evaluation Team published videos of Rodney Carrington‘s “If I’m the Only One,” Dierks Bentley‘s “Sideways,” Holly Williams‘ “Keep the Change,” Jesse Lee‘s “It’s a Girl Thing” and Old Crow Medicine Show‘s “Caroline.”
- Farce the Music published a satirical version of Josh Turner‘s bus rules.
- New Jersey radio station WFMU started a new project called the Free Music Archive, which they describe as an interactive library of high-quality, legal audio downloads. They don’t have a whole lot as far as country goes at the moment, but I did notice tracks from Bobby Bare Jr., Justin Townes Earle and Chatham County Line. (via American Songwriter)
- Watch video of Chuck Mead performing “Natchez Trail” from his his Music Fog set at SXSW.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.