The Paisley’s Name Second Son Jasper Warren Paisley
- The Paisley’s named their second son Jasper Warren Paisley.
- The house belonging to Jimmy Dean and his wife caught fire last night, injuring three firefighters. Fortunately, the country singer and his wife were able to escape without harm.
- The New York Times‘ songwriting blog, Measure for Measure, is temporarily closing down and as an encore, they asked the various contributors to consider their experience writing about the songwriting process, and whether it had any effect on their actual songwriting. Here is Rosanne Cash‘s response, titled “Longing.”
New releases for the week of April 21, 2009 include:
Let me know if these lists of new releases interest you or not, and if so, would you rather they be broken out into a separate post?
- Watch Jamey Johnson perform “In Color” and “High Cost of Living” in the studio for iHeartMusic.com’s Stripped series. (via reader email)
- Want to dive into Reba McEntire’s back catalog, but don’t know where to start? Country Universe’s Kevin J. Coyne has you covered with ten songs he considers essential.
- Josh Turner, Marty Stuart, Jack Clement and Curb Records owner Mike Curb were among the inductees who earned a spot on the Music City Walk of Fame on Sunday.
- Ed Crowell gave a brief three-day rundown of Old Settler’s Music Fest.
- The Zac Brown Band and Jamey Johnson both earned official RIAA gold certification for surpassing sales of 500,000 copies of their latest albums.
- Listen to Dierks Bentley perform songs from his newest album on Mountain Stage.
- The CMT Music Video Evaluation Team published videos of Rodney Carrington‘s “If I’m the Only One,” Dierks Bentley‘s “Sideways,” Holly Williams‘ “Keep the Change,” Jesse Lee‘s “It’s a Girl Thing” and Old Crow Medicine Show‘s “Caroline.”
- Farce the Music published a satirical version of Josh Turner‘s bus rules.
- New Jersey radio station WFMU started a new project called the Free Music Archive, which they describe as an interactive library of high-quality, legal audio downloads. They don’t have a whole lot as far as country goes at the moment, but I did notice tracks from Bobby Bare Jr., Justin Townes Earle and Chatham County Line. (via American Songwriter)
- Watch video of Chuck Mead performing “Natchez Trail” from his his Music Fog set at SXSW.
- Paige: Oh damn. :( I never commented here and I haven't been listening to any music at all since Thanksgiving (it …
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …