The Opry Lives On; Julianne Hough to Return to ‘Dancing with the Stars'; Stream Hank III’s New Album
- The Tennessean‘s Cindy Watts recapped last night’s Opry show as did Chris Talbott.
- Galleywinter is giving away a pair of tickets to Rodney Hayden‘s songwriter festival this weekend and an autographed copy of his new album, Tavern of Poets.
- Country California’s C.M. Wilcox makes a case for musical comparisons.
- And then, in his review of the Hellbound Glory album Old Highs and New Lows, he recommended the band to fans of Hank III, J.B. Beverley & the Wayward Drifters, Oxycontin.
- If you dig Hank III, you’ll dig the full stream of his new album Rebel Within at Amazon (located in the right sidebar).
- Julianne Hough will return to Dancing with the Stars this fall and her ex-boyfriend, Chuck Wicks, doled out advice to Hough’s rumored boyfriend Ryan Seacrest: “She’s 21.”
- In a brief Q&A with Hickory Wind writer Hal Bogerd, Son of Bill‘s James Wilson explained “Lost Love and Indie Rockers,” a song Bogerd says “skewers every town’s cliched local hipster.”
It’s a song that I wrote after one night after a particularly bad co-bill up in DC. It is a song we never really intended to put on an album, but we played it a couple times live and has since become a favorite deep cut among our die-hards. While it’s mostly just intended to be a catchy little jab– I do think there are too many bands out there working on their myspace pages and their perfectly disheveled hair, and not enough out there who are hittin’ the pavement.
- Check out “Wrong Is What I Do Best,” the title track from Miss Leslie‘s new album, over at Songs:Illinois.
- The Boot’s Vernell Hackett provided a sneak peek to the words of a song Rory Feek wrote with Zac Brown and will appear on the new Joey + Rory album.
- Music Fog: John Arthur Martinez – “Cajita de Milagros”
- Leave a comment at Country Music Is Love for a chance to win Ashley Ray‘s new self-titled EP.
- luckyoldsun: Actually, it strikes me as a rather iffy subject for a museum. What kind of exhibits would they have? Jones …
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!