The Opry Lives On; Julianne Hough to Return to ‘Dancing with the Stars'; Stream Hank III’s New Album
- The Tennessean‘s Cindy Watts recapped last night’s Opry show as did Chris Talbott.
- Galleywinter is giving away a pair of tickets to Rodney Hayden‘s songwriter festival this weekend and an autographed copy of his new album, Tavern of Poets.
- Country California’s C.M. Wilcox makes a case for musical comparisons.
- And then, in his review of the Hellbound Glory album Old Highs and New Lows, he recommended the band to fans of Hank III, J.B. Beverley & the Wayward Drifters, Oxycontin.
- If you dig Hank III, you’ll dig the full stream of his new album Rebel Within at Amazon (located in the right sidebar).
- Julianne Hough will return to Dancing with the Stars this fall and her ex-boyfriend, Chuck Wicks, doled out advice to Hough’s rumored boyfriend Ryan Seacrest: “She’s 21.”
- In a brief Q&A with Hickory Wind writer Hal Bogerd, Son of Bill‘s James Wilson explained “Lost Love and Indie Rockers,” a song Bogerd says “skewers every town’s cliched local hipster.”
It’s a song that I wrote after one night after a particularly bad co-bill up in DC. It is a song we never really intended to put on an album, but we played it a couple times live and has since become a favorite deep cut among our die-hards. While it’s mostly just intended to be a catchy little jab– I do think there are too many bands out there working on their myspace pages and their perfectly disheveled hair, and not enough out there who are hittin’ the pavement.
- Check out “Wrong Is What I Do Best,” the title track from Miss Leslie‘s new album, over at Songs:Illinois.
- The Boot’s Vernell Hackett provided a sneak peek to the words of a song Rory Feek wrote with Zac Brown and will appear on the new Joey + Rory album.
- Music Fog: John Arthur Martinez – “Cajita de Milagros”
- Leave a comment at Country Music Is Love for a chance to win Ashley Ray‘s new self-titled EP.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …
- nm: Agreed. A good job by three very smart women.
- Deremy Jylan: The Hight piece is tremendous reading.
- Juli Thanki: Much like the music of Aldean and FGL, Michelob Ultra is favored by college kids and too much exposure will …
- Tom: ...michelob ultra seems to be a brew from hell.