The Opry Lives On; Julianne Hough to Return to ‘Dancing with the Stars’; Stream Hank III’s New Album
- The Tennessean‘s Cindy Watts recapped last night’s Opry show as did Chris Talbott.
- Galleywinter is giving away a pair of tickets to Rodney Hayden‘s songwriter festival this weekend and an autographed copy of his new album, Tavern of Poets.
- Country California’s C.M. Wilcox makes a case for musical comparisons.
- And then, in his review of the Hellbound Glory album Old Highs and New Lows, he recommended the band to fans of Hank III, J.B. Beverley & the Wayward Drifters, Oxycontin.
- If you dig Hank III, you’ll dig the full stream of his new album Rebel Within at Amazon (located in the right sidebar).
- Julianne Hough will return to Dancing with the Stars this fall and her ex-boyfriend, Chuck Wicks, doled out advice to Hough’s rumored boyfriend Ryan Seacrest: “She’s 21.”
- In a brief Q&A with Hickory Wind writer Hal Bogerd, Son of Bill‘s James Wilson explained “Lost Love and Indie Rockers,” a song Bogerd says “skewers every town’s cliched local hipster.”
It’s a song that I wrote after one night after a particularly bad co-bill up in DC. It is a song we never really intended to put on an album, but we played it a couple times live and has since become a favorite deep cut among our die-hards. While it’s mostly just intended to be a catchy little jab– I do think there are too many bands out there working on their myspace pages and their perfectly disheveled hair, and not enough out there who are hittin’ the pavement.
- Check out “Wrong Is What I Do Best,” the title track from Miss Leslie‘s new album, over at Songs:Illinois.
- The Boot’s Vernell Hackett provided a sneak peek to the words of a song Rory Feek wrote with Zac Brown and will appear on the new Joey + Rory album.
- Music Fog: John Arthur Martinez – “Cajita de Milagros”
- Leave a comment at Country Music Is Love for a chance to win Ashley Ray‘s new self-titled EP.
- Deremy Jylan: I heard that Jim Lauderdale documentary is some super-duper great movie stuff. Makes Scorsese's THE LAST WALTZ look like Wiseau's …
- Barry Mazor: I'll have to see if Dr. Green's ever read 3 Lives; it's a good book.
- Juli Thanki: Rose is a rose is a rose is a yellow rose of Texas. I smell a terrible concept album!
- Barry Mazor: Pigeons on the grass, alas.. Come-a kai-yai yippy, yippy ay.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Barry, thanks for the great sentimental look at Winchester. I will admit that he is an artist that was largely …
- Arlene: Thanks for this article, Barry. It's not often that an artist brings another performer to tears during a guitar pull. …
- Leeann: At any rate, I'll still look forward to his next album, because I'm a fan of his music.
- Leeann: Yes, if he had said that, I'd be with him, but e lumped all of country music, including the Grand …
- mrsandy: My understanding is Emmylou's concert was cancelled was because her 92-y.o. mother passed away.
- Erik North: I would have to say that, even though I agree that JTE does generalize about country music excessively, I also …