The Opry Lives On; Julianne Hough to Return to ‘Dancing with the Stars'; Stream Hank III’s New Album
- The Tennessean‘s Cindy Watts recapped last night’s Opry show as did Chris Talbott.
- Galleywinter is giving away a pair of tickets to Rodney Hayden‘s songwriter festival this weekend and an autographed copy of his new album, Tavern of Poets.
- Country California’s C.M. Wilcox makes a case for musical comparisons.
- And then, in his review of the Hellbound Glory album Old Highs and New Lows, he recommended the band to fans of Hank III, J.B. Beverley & the Wayward Drifters, Oxycontin.
- If you dig Hank III, you’ll dig the full stream of his new album Rebel Within at Amazon (located in the right sidebar).
- Julianne Hough will return to Dancing with the Stars this fall and her ex-boyfriend, Chuck Wicks, doled out advice to Hough’s rumored boyfriend Ryan Seacrest: “She’s 21.”
- In a brief Q&A with Hickory Wind writer Hal Bogerd, Son of Bill‘s James Wilson explained “Lost Love and Indie Rockers,” a song Bogerd says “skewers every town’s cliched local hipster.”
It’s a song that I wrote after one night after a particularly bad co-bill up in DC. It is a song we never really intended to put on an album, but we played it a couple times live and has since become a favorite deep cut among our die-hards. While it’s mostly just intended to be a catchy little jab– I do think there are too many bands out there working on their myspace pages and their perfectly disheveled hair, and not enough out there who are hittin’ the pavement.
- Check out “Wrong Is What I Do Best,” the title track from Miss Leslie‘s new album, over at Songs:Illinois.
- The Boot’s Vernell Hackett provided a sneak peek to the words of a song Rory Feek wrote with Zac Brown and will appear on the new Joey + Rory album.
- Music Fog: John Arthur Martinez – “Cajita de Milagros”
- Leave a comment at Country Music Is Love for a chance to win Ashley Ray‘s new self-titled EP.
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …
- chris: That voice singing with Jim Ed is younger sister Bonnie, also a member of the Browns.
- Kev: I saw Jim Ed at the Opry in June and he sounded great then. I certainly look forward to …
- Delica Smith: I've had the blessings of following Mr. JimEd and Helen Cornelius since the mid 70s. I was a amateur …