The Opry Lives On; Julianne Hough to Return to ‘Dancing with the Stars'; Stream Hank III’s New Album
- The Tennessean‘s Cindy Watts recapped last night’s Opry show as did Chris Talbott.
- Galleywinter is giving away a pair of tickets to Rodney Hayden‘s songwriter festival this weekend and an autographed copy of his new album, Tavern of Poets.
- Country California’s C.M. Wilcox makes a case for musical comparisons.
- And then, in his review of the Hellbound Glory album Old Highs and New Lows, he recommended the band to fans of Hank III, J.B. Beverley & the Wayward Drifters, Oxycontin.
- If you dig Hank III, you’ll dig the full stream of his new album Rebel Within at Amazon (located in the right sidebar).
- Julianne Hough will return to Dancing with the Stars this fall and her ex-boyfriend, Chuck Wicks, doled out advice to Hough’s rumored boyfriend Ryan Seacrest: “She’s 21.”
- In a brief Q&A with Hickory Wind writer Hal Bogerd, Son of Bill‘s James Wilson explained “Lost Love and Indie Rockers,” a song Bogerd says “skewers every town’s cliched local hipster.”
It’s a song that I wrote after one night after a particularly bad co-bill up in DC. It is a song we never really intended to put on an album, but we played it a couple times live and has since become a favorite deep cut among our die-hards. While it’s mostly just intended to be a catchy little jab– I do think there are too many bands out there working on their myspace pages and their perfectly disheveled hair, and not enough out there who are hittin’ the pavement.
- Check out “Wrong Is What I Do Best,” the title track from Miss Leslie‘s new album, over at Songs:Illinois.
- The Boot’s Vernell Hackett provided a sneak peek to the words of a song Rory Feek wrote with Zac Brown and will appear on the new Joey + Rory album.
- Music Fog: John Arthur Martinez – “Cajita de Milagros”
- Leave a comment at Country Music Is Love for a chance to win Ashley Ray‘s new self-titled EP.
- CraigR.: Here are 5 things that piss me off about Jason Aldean: 1. He is a sore winner. Why complain when you …
- Barry Mazor: The words "country" and jazz (or "jass") and blues had been around for decades before they became genres (or formats) …
- Jeff Miller: Yeah, the first time I played Jimmie Rodgers for my wife & daughter- they were aghast that he was singing …
- David Cantwell: I think it more helpful to think of Americana not as a genre but as a format--and, perhaps better, and …
- Juli Thanki: That would definitely be better than Marvel's hilariously terrible Billy Ray Cyrus comic book, released in 1995. http://4thletter.net/2009/02/billy-ray-cyrus-the-marvel-comic-book-yes-really/
- Applejack: "I’m sure there are many ways to lasso in and constrict any genre or format, any of them, so tightly …
- Emily: Wow!! Fabulous! Love those boots and you all look stunning! xo
- Leeann Ward: Bangor is named somewhat commonly in country songs. It's usually their example of the most north you can go: Vince …
- bob: Portland West was almost Boston West. From Names on the Land by George Stewart: "When more people arrived in Oregon, Amos …
- Jack Williams: There's "Eight More Miles To Louisville", where Portland is referred to as Portland East.