The Judds Reunite For 2010 Tour; Gary Allan’s Dating Survey; Justin Townes Earle at Stubb’s
- Wynonna and Naomi Judd are reuniting for a 2010 tour.
- Country Haiku takes the literal approach to a country classic:
I have to wonder
Who is gonna fill their shoes
They’re like size 14
- On April 20, Jason Boland will release his first album since undergoing throat surgery. The live album, titled High In The Rockies, will feature covers of “Rainbow Stew”, “Tulsa Time,” and “Gallo del Cielo” along with 16 originals.
- Justin Townes Earle on his song “Mama’s Eyes:” I think that’s the kind of song where a person has to grow up before they can write it. It takes men a long time to come to terms with the fact that they are going to turn into their fathers.
- The Tennessean‘s Peter Cooper on the “less than convincing” Taylor Swift performance:
When I got home from the Grammys, I checked and found out that Swift’s televised performance had not changed the way my Tom T. Hall records sound at all. Relief!
- Linda Holmes dissected Scott Borchetta‘s defense of Swift on NPR.
- Commenting on the possibility of creating an album in the vein of Johnny Cash‘s American Recordings, Dolly Parton confuses Rick Rubin with Jack White:
Well, I have been approached about that, the same person that worked on the Johnny album, and I think is that the same one who worked on the Loretta album, Jack White?
Every now and then I get offered those things, and I know if and when the time is right, I’m certainly not opposed to doing that, it’s just I usually have a set notion of where I’m headed with a certain project and what I want to get out of it. But Lord only knows what I might do when I get a chance to sit down and think about it again.
I’ve thought about doing it with him [Jack White], and he seems to be a fan, and a lot of people have asked me about it, but who knows. You never know what I might do.
- Watch the new video for Patty Loveless‘ cover of “Busted.” And then come back and explain the concept.
- Behind the scenes of the film Crazy Heart, a battle between T Bone Burnett and Stephen Bruton‘s wife of 13 years is unfolding over the late songwriter’s estate.
- Gary Allan‘s dating survey.
- Listen to Allison Moorer perform some of her new material on NPR.
- Music Fog: Reckless Kelly with Micky Braun – “I’ll Hold the Bottle”
- In an interview with Spinner, Rosanne Cash commented on the possibility of recording a second volume of songs from the list her father gave her and named several songs that she’d include on a list for her own daughter.
- Country California: Quotable Country – 02/07/10 Edition
- Alt-512 Music Musings has audio from Justin Townes Earle‘s recent gig at Stubb’s Bar-B-Q in Austin, TX.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.