The Judds Reunite For 2010 Tour; Gary Allan’s Dating Survey; Justin Townes Earle at Stubb’s
- Wynonna and Naomi Judd are reuniting for a 2010 tour.
- Country Haiku takes the literal approach to a country classic:
I have to wonder
Who is gonna fill their shoes
They’re like size 14
- On April 20, Jason Boland will release his first album since undergoing throat surgery. The live album, titled High In The Rockies, will feature covers of “Rainbow Stew”, “Tulsa Time,” and “Gallo del Cielo” along with 16 originals.
- Justin Townes Earle on his song “Mama’s Eyes:” I think that’s the kind of song where a person has to grow up before they can write it. It takes men a long time to come to terms with the fact that they are going to turn into their fathers.
- The Tennessean‘s Peter Cooper on the “less than convincing” Taylor Swift performance:
When I got home from the Grammys, I checked and found out that Swift’s televised performance had not changed the way my Tom T. Hall records sound at all. Relief!
- Linda Holmes dissected Scott Borchetta‘s defense of Swift on NPR.
- Commenting on the possibility of creating an album in the vein of Johnny Cash‘s American Recordings, Dolly Parton confuses Rick Rubin with Jack White:
Well, I have been approached about that, the same person that worked on the Johnny album, and I think is that the same one who worked on the Loretta album, Jack White?
Every now and then I get offered those things, and I know if and when the time is right, I’m certainly not opposed to doing that, it’s just I usually have a set notion of where I’m headed with a certain project and what I want to get out of it. But Lord only knows what I might do when I get a chance to sit down and think about it again.
I’ve thought about doing it with him [Jack White], and he seems to be a fan, and a lot of people have asked me about it, but who knows. You never know what I might do.
- Watch the new video for Patty Loveless‘ cover of “Busted.” And then come back and explain the concept.
- Behind the scenes of the film Crazy Heart, a battle between T Bone Burnett and Stephen Bruton‘s wife of 13 years is unfolding over the late songwriter’s estate.
- Gary Allan‘s dating survey.
- Listen to Allison Moorer perform some of her new material on NPR.
- Music Fog: Reckless Kelly with Micky Braun – “I’ll Hold the Bottle”
- In an interview with Spinner, Rosanne Cash commented on the possibility of recording a second volume of songs from the list her father gave her and named several songs that she’d include on a list for her own daughter.
- Country California: Quotable Country – 02/07/10 Edition
- Alt-512 Music Musings has audio from Justin Townes Earle‘s recent gig at Stubb’s Bar-B-Q in Austin, TX.
- nm: I enjoyed that Nashville recap from the Fug Girls, but the absolutely best recaps are in the Nashville Scene, by …
- Donald: "Don't Forget the Coffee, Billy Joe" is just one of my many favourites!
- paul w dennis: My favorite TTH sings are "I Can't Dance" and St. Louis Named A Shoe After Me" Of course, that just …
- luckyoldsun: Actually, it strikes me as a rather iffy subject for a museum. What kind of exhibits would they have? Jones …
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …