The Dirt Drifters Give Away New Album; Hank3 on The Lost Notebooks; Dale Ann Bradley’s Video Shoot
- NPR on the origins of Hardly Strictly Bluegrass. And on Jeff Bridges‘ new country record. And on the “new guard” of country music: most of the best-selling artists are neo-traditionalists who seamlessly integrate current styles and attitudes into classic approaches…[t]his new guard isn’t changing country so much as making the genre comfortable with the cultural shifts that have inevitably affected even the most traditional aspects of people’s lives.
- Country Universe reviewed, by reader request, Ronnie Milsap’s “If You Don’t Want Me To.”
- Check out some behind the scenes shots from Dale Ann Bradley’s video shoot for new single “Come Home Good Boy.”
- Adam Sheets interviewed Hank3. The pair discusses Hank3’s upcoming albums, his thoughts on The Lost Notebooks of Hank Williams, and the Reinstate Hank project.
- Lady Antebellum is slated to perform on Saturday Night Live this fall.
- The Dirt Drifters are giving away 30,000 copies of their new album at their shows. Each attendee gets two copies so that he or she can keep one and pass the other along.
- Dropping on October 11: Ryan Adams’ Ashes & Fire and Martina McBride’s Eleven. Coming out a week earlier: Scotty McCreery’s Clear As Day.
- Triggerman of Saving Country Music reviewed the Pickathon festival, held in the Portland area. Performers included Charlie Parr, Eilen Jewell, and Whitey Morgan & The 78s.
- Remember Luke Bryan’s broken face and Tweeted picture of said face? It was caused by a skateboarding accident in NYC.
- Chet Flippo, in his newest Nashville Skyline column, discusses Ronnie Dunn’s “Cost of Livin’.” An excerpt: “Dunn and co-writer Philip Coleman have created a modern classic.”
- Check out Kellie Pickler’s new song.
- Excited for Stetson Adkisson and Cia Cherryholmes’ upcoming EP? Here’s a sneak peek.
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.