The Bellamy Brothers’ “Let Your Love Flow” Experiences Resurgence
- Originally released in 1976, “Let Your Love Flow” went to No. 21 for The Bellamy Brothers, but a recent credit card commercial introduced the tune to a wider audience, helping it rise up the UK charts. (watch the commercial)
- Lee Ann Womack earned the 26th spot on Paste magazine’s Best of 2008 list.
- Watch the black and white music video, filmed in-studio, for Trace Adkins‘ “I Can’t Outrun You.” Good stuff.
- Country music movie producer Victor Lewis passed away last Thursday at the age of 86.
Born in Johnson City, Mr. Lewis founded Marathon Pictures on Music Row in 1964, with Audrey Williams. With Marathon, he produced Country Music On Broadway and Second Fiddle To An Old Guitar, movies that traded on the popularity of country hits and country stars. Mr. Lewis had met Audrey Williams when he booked and produced a tour called the Hank Williams Memorial Show in 1958.
- Country Universe wants to know what albums released in 2008 you consider to be worthy of five stars.
- Peyton Hillis played third fiddle to Darren McFadden and Felix Jones as a razorback at the University of Arkansas, but last week he got his first NFL start as a Denver Bronco and scored two touchdowns. It’s his choice of music (country) and fashion style (western wear) that receives the brunt of attention from his teammates, though. He counts George Strait, George Jones and Conway Twitty among his favorites, and thinks Alan Jackson is pretty good, too.
- The latest addition to NPR’s live streams from Mountain Stage is Chris Knight, who performs three songs acoustically from his newest album Heart of Stone and two from its predecessor, Enough Rope.
- Watch Martina McBride join Elvis Presley on stage for a performance of “Blue Christmas.”
- SunsetPark: As a Pennsylvanian to this day, thanks for the list. I haven't heard the Quecreek song and so can't …
- Paul W Dennis: I would urge readers to check out the Billy Edd Wheeler salute on October 18, 2014. Billy Edd Wheeler is …
- Leeann Ward: I'm really liking Pink's folk duo song! I'm looking forward to the album!
- Donald: LOS, you made me giggle. Thank you.
- luckyoldsun: An in related news, an E.P.A. inspector is preparing to slap the cuffs on Nancy Jones tomorrow.
- luckyoldsun: Looks like old Lynn is not done saying "I beg your pardon..."
- luckyoldsun: And I hear that Pretty Boy Floyd wasn't exactly the gentleman eulogized by Woody Guthrie (and that he didn't set …
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Jeremy, I wish you the very best of luck with the release. Your moderator pick is a fine one.
- Jeremy Dylan: That FTM playlist is a grand way to spend an afternoon. SHAMELESS PLUG Btw, any Engine145 readers in Nashville on Monday night, …
- David Cantwell: Amen, Brother Barry.