The Bellamy Brothers’ “Let Your Love Flow” Experiences Resurgence
- Originally released in 1976, “Let Your Love Flow” went to No. 21 for The Bellamy Brothers, but a recent credit card commercial introduced the tune to a wider audience, helping it rise up the UK charts. (watch the commercial)
- Lee Ann Womack earned the 26th spot on Paste magazine’s Best of 2008 list.
- Watch the black and white music video, filmed in-studio, for Trace Adkins‘ “I Can’t Outrun You.” Good stuff.
- Country music movie producer Victor Lewis passed away last Thursday at the age of 86.
Born in Johnson City, Mr. Lewis founded Marathon Pictures on Music Row in 1964, with Audrey Williams. With Marathon, he produced Country Music On Broadway and Second Fiddle To An Old Guitar, movies that traded on the popularity of country hits and country stars. Mr. Lewis had met Audrey Williams when he booked and produced a tour called the Hank Williams Memorial Show in 1958.
- Country Universe wants to know what albums released in 2008 you consider to be worthy of five stars.
- Peyton Hillis played third fiddle to Darren McFadden and Felix Jones as a razorback at the University of Arkansas, but last week he got his first NFL start as a Denver Bronco and scored two touchdowns. It’s his choice of music (country) and fashion style (western wear) that receives the brunt of attention from his teammates, though. He counts George Strait, George Jones and Conway Twitty among his favorites, and thinks Alan Jackson is pretty good, too.
- The latest addition to NPR’s live streams from Mountain Stage is Chris Knight, who performs three songs acoustically from his newest album Heart of Stone and two from its predecessor, Enough Rope.
- Watch Martina McBride join Elvis Presley on stage for a performance of “Blue Christmas.”
- Leeann: I'm glad you reviewed this album. I think your rating is what I'd give it too. It's a good album, …
- luckyoldsun: That Bobby Bare/Bill Parsons story has been often told, but I still don't quite understand how two then-nobodies could go …
- Leeann: The Jack Clement album is quite good!
- Donald: "Ryan Adams announced .... the August 19 release of “1984,'" Which, I'm told, is the fifteen years later update of his …
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Delighted to hear that Hot Rize have a new album coming out – and thanks for the link to that …
- luckyoldsun: Nobody can do Karaoke George Jones like Kershaw!
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …
- paul w dennis: The Kershaw album is really noteworthy for its song selections. Other than "I'll Share My World With You", it omits …