Tammy Wynette Museum Seeks Funding; Keith Urban Rocks with Rolling Stones; New Music Videos
- Brad Paisley penned a great and appreciative column about George Jones for Billboard’s The 615.
- Cher’s mother, Georgia Holt, has released a country music album.
- Keith Urban joined The Rolling Stones on stage in Los Angeles late last week.
- Lauren Alaina will debut “Barefoot and Buckwild,” the first single from her sophomore album, on American Idol this week.
- Songwriter Amy Bowen is suing Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley, claiming that their 2011 hit, “Remind Me,” is substantially similar to her song of the same name, which she wrote in 2007.
- Luke Bryan recorded a song with T-Pain. Yep.
- Hank Williams III’s next album will be called Brothers of the 4×4.
- Country California’s C.M. Wilcox posted a new Quotable Country.
- Zac Brown Band’s Jimmy De Martini was interviewed by A.H. Goldstein of Westword. An excerpt: “We consider ourselves more of a live act than anything. At our live shows, there’s such a mix of people in the crowd. We actually get to be ourselves, which is really cool. We don’t have to think of a certain genre and say, “That’s not going to work because it’s too heavy or too different.” We all come from different genres of music. We have a jazz drummer, a Latin percussionist, a blues guitarist, a singer-songwriter as another guitarist. Our bass player came from a rock band; I came from a background playing guitar in rock bands; Zac grew up on ’70s songwriting. None of us really grew up in the country world. Country is kind of new to us, and it’s a great place for us to be. But I think we definitely stretch the boundaries.”
- The officials behind the Tammy Wynette Museum in Tremont, Mississippi are looking to the state for funds to help finance construction.
- Ed Bruce, the pen behind “Mamas, Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys,” is being inducted into America’s Old Time Country Music Hall of Fame.
- Peter Cooper looks back at Louise Scruggs booking Flatt & Scruggs at Vanderbilt University in 1963. The concert would be “an event that reconciled Nashville’s then-divided cultures.”
- The 615 premiered Cheetah Chrome’s version of “What Is Life Without Love” from You Don’t Know Me, the upcoming Eddy Arnold tribute album due out May 14 on Plowboy Records.
- While on tour this summer, Tim McGraw will award 31 more homes to veterans as part of his work with Operation Homefront.
- Carrie Underwood is celebrating five years of Grand Ole Opry membership.
- We send out well wishes to our friend Shannon over at Nashville Gab who had a small stroke over the weekend.
- New music and live performance videos from the past week or two:
Dailey and Vincent—“When I Stop Dreaming”
Willie Nelson – “Nuages”
Hunter Hayes – “I Want Crazy”
The SteelDrivers – “When You Don’t Come Home”
Kip Moore – “Hey Pretty Girl”
Sheryl Crow – “Easy”
Kacey Musgraves – “Mama’s Broken Heart”
Cody Canada and the Departed – “Prayer for the Lonely”
Gary Allan – “Pieces”
Drankmore – “You Got to Me”
Scarletta – “Island Fever”
Lizzie Sider – “I Love You That Much”
LeAnn Rimes – “Spitfire”
We The Ghosts – “Holdin’ On”
- bob: I agree with Leeann on "When the Right One Comes Along". Great song. It was written by Georgia Middleman and …
- Leeann Ward: I was just thinking that I wished Clare Bowen and Sam Palladio would make an album together. I haven't watched …
- bob: Enjoyed the Himes article on classic baseball songs. Thanks. Himes also mentioned some books. To those he noted I would …
- luckyoldsun: Well it probably wasn't Larry Gatlin.
- A.B.: Anyone else think Marty Stuart might be part of Lakehouse Holdings that bought the Johnny Cash/Barry Gibb property?
- David Cantwell: Thanks, Andrew. It almost seems inevitable that the greatest singers--Sinatra and George Jones, say--just don't sing so well at the …
- Andrew: Very well put. I don't remember the last time an album gave me chills right from the opening note quite …
- TX Music Jim: All valid choices. I will forever hold out the hope that Gram Parsons, Jerry Jeff Walker and Gary Stewart will …
- Leeann Ward: Oops...the link: http://www.engine145.com/summer-lovin-ronnie-milsap-looks-back-new-album/
- Leeann Ward: Yes, great choices for inductees! In Milsap's case, I guess if you say it to Juli Thanki, it will happen!:): Do …