Your Take: Country Music’s Future at Radio
Last week, programmers and DJs descended upon Nashville for the Country Radio Seminar. Several programs discussed the music habits of today’s listeners and some interesting facts were shared. In one program, Edison President Larry Rosin offered more information from the organization’s media research study, including a stat he was hesitant to reveal yesterday for fear of “bumming people out”: “Respondents’ favorite ways to listen to music scored traditional FM radio at 17%, internet options such as YouTube and digital stations at 14% and ‘my own personal collection’ topping the list at 30%.”
In another program, Rhapsody’s Jason Schneck added, “85,000 users on Rhapsody are primary Country users. 350,000 consumers have played Country in the last month. When we do a Country feature, we see a 20-30% increase in that catalog after. Country is growing exponentially for us. There’s a great opportunity there and we’re doing all we can to promote it.”
We want your take: What is your favorite way to listen to music? Do you primarily use streaming services, radio (traditional or satellite) or mostly listen to your own music collection – and is that collection digital, or do you prefer vinyl and/or CDs? If you look in your personal crystal ball, what do you think it will be five years from now? What about 20 years from now?
- Pam Wallace: A day like yesterday,...driving through Ohio countryside with leaves beginning to turn and cows lying in the pastures because every …
- Jackie Lester: My favorite part of autumn is seeing wooly bear caterpillars!
- Mike harris: Love fall with the warm glow of the sun and all the beautiful fall colors
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.
- Lisa Phillips: Love the Radio Ramblers! My favorite thing about fall is everything pumpkin.....coffee, cookies, muffins, pie.....etc!
- Sabrina Parnell: Def the cooler temps, football, great food , holidays on the way ,and of course more good country music releases.
- Debbie W: the changing colors of the leaves
- joyce King: I love FALL, the day your album Sept.25th is our wedding anniversary 46th!!! We have a fall Bean Supper, …