Lady Antebellum Leads Grammy Winners; Brandon Rhyder Covers Don Williams; The Infamous Stringdusters Live Session
With five wins, Lady Antebellum came out on top at last night’s Grammys. Other winners in the countryish categories included: Diamond Rio (southern, country or bluegrass gospel album), Patty Griffin (traditional gospel album), Patty Loveless (bluegrass album), Keith Urban (best male country vocal performance), Zac Brown Band/Alan Jackson (country collaboration with vocals), Marty Stuart (country […]
ACM Award nominees were announced. Miranda Lambert leads all other artists with seven nominations. She’s followed by Zac Brown Band and Kenny Chesney, who scored five each, and The Band Perry and Taylor Swift, with four apiece. Country music is in trouble. New releases for the week of February 1, 2011 include: The Civil Wars […]
Alan Jackson Splits with Longtime Label; Bloodshot Signs Lydia Loveless; The Steep Canyon Rangers Celebrate 10 Years
After 22 years together, Alan Jackson and Arista Nashville are parting ways. As for a future label home, Jackson’s manager says there’s currently three options that look really good, but doesn’t mention what they are. Our Country’s Chris Willman gets more into the specifics of what the split means. Something else to think about: Trace […]
Dallas Wayne Added to Heybale Lineup; The Smilin’ Irishman of Country Music Passed Away; Lionel Richie Recording Country Duets
Singer, songwriter, and Sirius deejay Dallas Wayne has been announced as the replacement for Gary Claxton in the band Heybale. The Austin Chronicle‘s Margaret Moser published a really cool profile on Elizabeth McQueen, who in turn, dishes out a lot of praise for Ray Benson and Willie Nelson. The Smilin’ Irishman of Country Music James […]
Alison Krauss Schedules New Album; ‘Garden & Gun’ Covers Bluegrass; Lost Highway Celebrates 10 Years
On April 12, Alison Krauss will release a new album with Union Station titled Paper Airplane. Zac Brown isn’t sure why music has to be categorized: “I don’t know why everybody wants to put everything in a box. It’s almost like profiling.” If you want to define the Zac Brown Band musically, you’d be better […]
The Cherryholmes are disbanding. Many of you have watched us from the beginning. You’ve seen our children grow into young adults. Though it is bittersweet, there comes a time in a family when seasons change. We’ve always known this season would come. Now that it has, we believe it is only right that our young […]
Shelby Lynne & Allison Moorer Perform Toegther; Country Stars Land Roles in New Civil War Mini-Series; Free Rodney Crowell
Up until this past fall, sisters Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer have kept their musical lives separate. Recently though, they’ve performed several intimate shows together as part of what they’ve dubbed their Side By Side tour. NPR is streaming a collection of songs that they performed live in Studio 4A, including the song they open […]
Lady Anteblleum Leads Country Artists In Grammy Nods; Alan Jackson Fulfills Contract; Todd Snider Schedules Live Collection
As far as country artists go, Lady Antebellum came out on top during last night’s announcement of the Grammy nominees, scoring several nominations in all-genre categories. A diverse range of artists and entertainers represented the country genre though, including Zac Brown Band, Miranda Lambert, Jamey Johnson, Dailey & Vincent, Marty Stuart & Connie Smith, The […]
Eddie Montgomery broke the news that he’s getting a divorce via Twitter this morning. The comments have since been deleted, but not before Country Music Is Love was able to report the news. “U find out u got cancer then u found out ur wife can’t handle that so she seek of and files for […]
Kix Brooks Bucks Trend and Loses the ‘Stache; Alan Jackson Celebrates 34 Number Ones with New Release
Kix Brooks sans ‘stache. The New York Times‘ Jon Caramanica on the new Keith Urban record, Get Closer: His lightly scuffed but comely voice, like his adept but unfussy guitar playing, presents a palatable blankness: beyond the odd glint of banjo or dollop of twang, these songs could be the work of someone like, well, […]
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."