Stuart Duncan Named CMHOF Nashville Cat; Aubrey Preston Reveals Plans for RCA Studio A; Lone Bellow Debut New Song
On November 1, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum will celebrate Stuart Duncan as part of its “Nashville Cats” series. The event will be live-streamed on the HOF website. Zac Brown Band will release a greatest hits album on November 10. (via press release) Luke Bryan will participate in a Reddit “Ask Me […]
IBMA Award Winners Announced; Underwood, Zac Brown Band to Perform at Veteran’s Day Concert in DC; Vince Gill on Ice
The winners of yesterday’s IBMA Awards (click through for the Momentum Awards and Special Awards winners, which were announced prior to last night’s awards show): Hall of Fame Inductees: The Seldom Scene, Neil Rosenberg Entertainer of the Year: Balsam Range Instrumental Group of the Year: Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen Vocal Group of the Year: Balsam […]
Ryman to Host George Hamilton IV’s Memorial Service; NPR Premieres Lucinda Williams’ New Album, New Music Videos
A memorial service for George Hamilton IV will be held at the Ryman on Wednesday morning. Garth Brooks has confirmed that his new, currently-untitled album is coming out November 11. Stream Lucinda Williams’ new double album, Down Where the Spirit Meets the Bone, on NPR. The Tennessean’s Peter Cooper wrote one of the best Lee […]
George Riddle Passes Away; Shel Silverstein Biopic in Development; Swift, Church to Play iHeartRadio Fest
George Riddle, one of George Jones’ Jones Boys and the writer of songs like “Hall of Shame,” passed away. He was 78 years old. Robert K. Oermann wrote an obituary for Riddle that’s published at MusicRow.com. Variety reports that there’s a Shel Silverstein biopic in the works. The film, currently under development by Wonderland Sound […]
Soul singer Bobby Womack passed away on Friday. He was 70 years old. On October 28, Jerry Lee Lewis will release Rock & Roll Time. Here’s the title track. The biography Jerry Lee Lewis: His Own Story, penned by Pulitzer-winning writer Rick Bragg, will be released on the same date. Developer Tim Reynolds, whose company may buy the building […]
Paul Thorn’s next album, Too Blessed to be Stressed, is due out August 19. Here’s the new video for his song “Everybody Needs Somebody.” In an interview for CelebStoner.com (yeah, you probably shouldn’t click that if you’re at work), Willie Nelson revealed that he and Kacey Musgraves are “going to do some recording together.” Nelson’s […]
The Grand Ole Opry ranks dropped by one with the passing with the grand Cajun, Jimmy C. Newman, from cancer at the age of 86. Marty Stuart summed it up best with his comment in the obit Peter Cooper wrote for The Tennessean: “His role became the Cajun fellow at the Opry, and that’s great. But if you go back […]
Kenny Rogers Undergoes Surgery; Hunter Hayes Debuts Atop Billboard Charts; Delaware to Welcome Country Music Fest
Kim and Kanye? No. Kim Kardashian and Conway Twitty? Yes. (h/t Karlie, who introduced me to the greatest Photoshopped magazine cover ever) Kenny Rogers underwent a minor surgical procedure to remove skin cancer from his face. Stream folksinger Sam Lee’s new EP, More for to Rise, on his YouTube page. Peter Cooper’s new Tennessean column […]
The 2014 Country Music Hall of Fame inductees are: Hank Cochran (Songwriter) Mac Wiseman (Veteran Era) Ronnie Milsap (Modern Era) Omnivore Recordings is holding a spring sale. Go get some music from Merle Haggard, Wanda Jackson, Buck Owens, Don Rich, and lots more. Noam Pikelny and Stuart Duncan are touring as a duo this summer. John Fullbright […]
2015 ACM Awards Tickets Sell Out; Jim VanCleve Leaves Mountain Heart; Hellbound Glory Announces New Album
Rod Kennedy, who founded the Kerrville Folk Festival in 1972, passed away on Monday. He was 84. 70,000 tickets for next year’s ACM Awards and ACM’s “Party for a Cause” event, which will be held in Arlington, Texas at AT&T Stadium and Globe Life Park, respectively, sold out in 18 minutes. Zac Brown Band has […]
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim. The record's more or less out of Austin. But I'm sure they're also good in El Paso...
- Jim Z: Dirty River Boys are from El Paso, Texas.