In the past, we’ve written Friday Fives on a variety of topics ranging from bank robbers to Hawaii to monkeys; there have also been a bunch of macabre Friday Fives about freezing to death, plane crashes, mining deaths, rodeo deaths, and suicide by drowning. Today’s Friday Five, though, is about shirts, because we’ve got three Engine […]
Happy June, everybody. Summer’s in the air and it seems like everywhere you look, flowers are blooming uncontrollably. As it turns out, June’s birth flower is the rose. Thus, that’s the theme for this month’s playlist. There are literally hundreds of songs that fit this topic (more if you count songs about women named Rose, […]
Pants are pretty awesome, despite what Lindsay Lohan seems to think. You know what else is pretty awesome? Songs about pants. Sure, Conway Twitty and Mel McDaniel have some nifty—and ubiquitous—songs about blue jeans, and Brad Paisley’s newest release has what’ll probably be his thousandth Number One, “The Pants,” but here we salute a handful […]
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!
- bob: Good day with news of PrizeFighter Trisha and Drunken Martina.
- John Fuller: Oh yeah!! Crispy sweet!
- Rick Mifflin: Sublime