We did a Springsteen Friday Five on The 9513 three years ago, but there are so many good covers that it’s time for a second volume. Bonus Track: Trisha Yearwood — “Sad Eyes” Okay, this one made the last Springsteen Friday Five, but it’s so good I’ve got to post it again. Double Bonus […]
Willie Nelson Visits Fallon; Ray Wylie Hubbard Announces New Tour Dates; Philly Folk Festival Lineup Announced; Stream New Bob Wayne Song
No Depression crowd-sourced questions for a Marty Stuart interview. Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle, and John Hiatt will headline the 51st Philadelphia Folk Festival, which will be held August 17-19. Wanda Jackson, Pokey LaFarge, Mary Chapin Carpenter, and others are also slated to perform. Eddy Arnold’s grandson, Shannon Pollard, along with Don Cusic and Cheetah Chrome, […]
On July 10, the Zac Brown Band will release their new album, Uncaged. Trombone Shorty guests on one of the songs. Levon Helm’s friends and fans can pay their respects at his Woodstock studio tomorrow between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. The Crooked Road Music Heritage Trail in Southwest Virginia is hosting a contest in […]
Pickathon Lineup Announced; Jerrod Niemann’s Bus Catches Fire; Friday Night Lights Actress Connie Britton to Star in ABC’s Nashville
This year’s Pickathon lineup was just announced: Whitey Morgan & The 78s, Danny Paisley & The Southern Grass, Abigail Washburn, and Cajun Country Revival are just a few of the acts slated to play the August festival. Brad Paisley announced a string of summer tour dates. Texas Heritage Songwriters Hall of Fame inducted Lyle Lovett, […]
Jennifer Nettles got married last Saturday to boyfriend Justin Miller. Producer and Columbia Records A&R rep Don DeVito passed away on Friday at the age of 72. He was instrumental in the careers of Bob Dylan, The Byrds, and more. Songwriter Virginia Mae Stauffer passed away earlier this month. Did a group called The Speek […]
Frank Liddell to Produce Lee Ann Womack’s New Record; Whitey Morgan & The 78s to Record Live Album; New Releases
Lee Ann Womack’s husband, Frank Liddell, will produce her new album, which will be released some time in 2012. The newest Quotable Country features Mac McAnally, Caitlin Rose, Jimmy Wayne, and more. Barry Mazor had a talk with Guy Clark and Verlon Thompson for a feature in the Wall Street Journal. Speaking of Clark, he’s […]
Mike Ragogna chatted with Suzy Bogguss about her latest album, American Folk Songbook. The9513.com alum Pierce Greenberg looked on as Rodney Atkins shot scenes for a music video atop a water tower in White Bluff, Tennessee. The newest Give Me My XXX compilation features Whitey Morgan & The 78s, Jason Isbell, and more. Download it […]
There’s a quote from Drew Carey about people who hate their job: “There’s a support group for that. It’s called Everybody, and they meet at the bar.” If that support group has an official soundtrack, it’s probably Whitey Morgan and the 78s’ new, self-titled release, which is chock full of tunes for hard workers and […]
Tracy Lawrence is at work on a new album that addresses hard times, so it’s only logical that it’s tentatively titled Hard Times. In an interview with The Daily Times’ Steve Wildsmith, Lawrence says the bulk of the album is the traditional fare he’s known for, but he had to make some concessions to get […]
Today only, Esquire is providing a free download of Dierks Bentley‘s “Somewhere In Mississippi,” a song he recorded exclusively for the magazine as part of a songwriting challenge. It’s just a matter of time, according to Tim McGraw, until he and wife Faith Hill record a full-length duet album. Gary Allan knows how to work […]
- Jack: Not impressed by Justin Townes Earle's low view of country music.
- nm: Does anyone know whatever became of the album that Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer were going to do together?
- luckyoldsun: I'm not surprised. Artists who can't get seem to get a satisfactory deal with a commercial label always say how …
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …