John Prine: It Took Me Years to Get These Souvenirs will open at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on November 15. The spotlight exhibit is scheduled to run through May 2014. Kristin Sanders (niece of songwriter Mark D. Sanders) in The Guardian: The Watermelon Queen, Bobbie Joe Gentry, Liza Jane, Fancy: these […]
Alison Krauss Schedules New Album; ‘Garden & Gun’ Covers Bluegrass; Lost Highway Celebrates 10 Years
On April 12, Alison Krauss will release a new album with Union Station titled Paper Airplane. Zac Brown isn’t sure why music has to be categorized: “I don’t know why everybody wants to put everything in a box. It’s almost like profiling.” If you want to define the Zac Brown Band musically, you’d be better […]
When Townes Van Zandt died in 1997 he left a shoebox of his poems to David Broza, who he had only performed with once before. Those poems set to music will be released Feb. 23 on a new, 12-track CD titled Night Dawn. Israeli balladeer Broza had to wonder, ‘Why me?’ So did Van Zandt’s […]
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."