George Strait to Receive the Legend of Live Billboard Award; 52nd Annual Philly Folk Fest Begins; The Rise of Bro-Country
The 52nd annual Philadelphia Folk Festival begins today. Jewly Hight wrote the Nashville Scene’s new, engaging Reba cover story. It turns out that the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum got more Reba “artifacts” than they’ve ever received from anyone else, including high school report cards, shell casings, and unopened bags of Reba Fritos. […]
Patsy Cline HoF Exhibit Opens Next Month; Kenny Chesney Added to Farm Aid Lineup; New Mavericks Album Slated for 9/25 Release
New exhibit Patsy Cline: Crazy for Loving You will open at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on August 24. The opening weekend festivities will include a panel discussion with Cline’s husband and daughter as well as Harold Bradley, Jan Howard and George Hamilton IV. The exhibit will run through June 10, 2013. […]
The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum will honor Patsy Cline with the exhibit “Patsy Cline: Crazy for Loving You,” which will open on August 24, 2012 and run through June 2013. Nearly 11 months after that devastating fire, Cowboy Jack Clement is hosting a housewarming for his rebuilt home and studio. Here is […]
Kellie Pickler Returns to American Idol; New Mary Chapin Carpenter and Hank Jr. Albums Due in June; Stream Mercyland Tracks
Stream four tracks by Buddy Miller, Carolina Chocolate Drops, Shawn Mullins, and Amy Stroup from the upcoming compilation Mercyland: Hymns for the Rest of Us, due out April 24. Trampled By Turtles is the subject of a Paste feature which reveals that “were it not for the five members’ love of heavy guitars and high-octane […]
The Civil Wars, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Levon Helm, and Alison Krauss & Union Station took home Grammy Awards last night. The entire list of winners is here. Is country music being pushed out of the Grammy spotlight? The late Whitney Houston’s cover of Dolly Parton’s “I Will Always Love You” remains one of the […]
Four the Record Goes Gold; Emmylou Harris Speaks at Warren Hellman’s Memorial; Hank Thompson Vinyl Reissue
Emmylou Harris spoke and then performed at Warren Hellman’s memorial service. Give a listen. Taylor Swift has been offered the role of Eponine in a film adaptation of Les Miserables. If anyone’s looking to make a music-related field trip this winter, check out this cool feature, written by Terry Conway of the Philadelphia Inquirer, on […]
Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Founder Passes Away; Brad Paisley Teams Up with John Fogerty; Free Music from Hayes Carll
Warren Hellman, philanthropist and founder of Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, passed away last night at the age of 77 due to complications from leukemia. Taylor Swift and Scotty McCreery were two of the artists who got spoofed in this SNL sketch. News has come out that soulful Etta James is in terminally ill in the last […]
- Joe Mekler: Not only is this a fun tune with an unusual form but it is politically appropriate for the present times!
- Paul W Dennis: Moot Davis deserves much wider success than he's had thus far. I have a couple of his albums and they …
- Ron Estepp: Great toe tapper, dance song and straight lyrics. I need more!
- Arlene: Another loss. Here's one of my favorite Jesse Winchester performances: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uKGWpqnS8E
- bob: I like that Wendy Colonna song. I'll have to check out more of her music. I have the 2 Delbert & …
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Holy moly, that Peter Cooper article on Ray Price is a doozy. I haven't yet had a chance to listen …
- Juli Thanki: Update from The Commercial Appeal: One of music’s sweetest voices and most incisive songwriters, Jesse Winchester, has died. The 69 …
- Barry Mazor: A very good case could be made that the Newport "Folk" festival is now an Americana festival--the two not …
- TexasVet: Here's Bonnie Raitt, Emmylou Harris & Carrie Underwood singing "Blue Bayou" Last night at the Rock and Roll Hall of …
- Jeff Miller: That Peter Cooper double shot is powerful!