Jason Molina passed away Saturday at the age of 39. David Allan Coe ran a red light in Ocala, Florida, and was T-boned by a semi early this morning. Coe and the two people in the truck have been hospitalized with “non-life-threatening conditions.” On Saturday in Chicago, the Museum of Broadcast Communications will pay tribute [...]
The story behind “Ode to Billie Joe.” Stream Casey James’ new song “Let’s Don’t Call It a Night.” Corb Lund’s got some R-E-G-R-E-T. Mike Wolfe of American Pickers is a Nashville songwriter. Here’s a fantastic piece on Charley Pride from Jewly Hight for Nashville Public Radio. Paul Dennis writes about Goldie Hill for his Country [...]
Over the course of the last fifteen years, Mark Wills has had one of those careers proven to be a slow steady success. He has quietly built a catalog that included seven studio albums, 19 charted singles, one live album and a handful of greatest hits compilations. His singles “19 Something” and “Wish You Were [...]
- Luckyoldsun: "My parents’ record collection consisted of Ed Ames, Perry Como..." Ed Ames made records? I did not know that. I thought ...
- Leeann Ward: Old Town, where Griffin is from, is just a few minutes away from me.
- Leeann Ward: Being a Mainer, I wish I had some of what they were drinkin'.
- Arlene: In the interest of completeness, "Rust Belt Fields" is a co-write with his childhood friend, Rod Picott. Slaid Cleaves's "Still ...
- Jack Williams: Good point, Barry. Also, I think he saw his fair share of Gene Autry and Roy Rogers movies as ...
- Leeann Ward: Ugh...Looking back at my comment, I must change my shameful "might not of" to "might not have."
- Leeann Ward: Rick, I'm kinda surprised you'd attend anything with the word "charity" attached to it.
- Rick: On Saturday I attended the charity fundraiser Oakheart Festival in Thousand Oaks, CA to watch performances by Steel Magnolia, Jason ...
- Barry Mazor: There's a different generation of Bronx you're talking about there, Jack. Johnny Cash was just being born in the 1930s!
- Henry: My parents' record collection consisted of Ed Ames, Perry Como, Andy Williams, Herb Alpert, Mitch Miller, Burl Ives, and some ...