Vivid Entertainment has April 19 scheduled as the release date for an adult-themed video titled Mindy McCready, Baseball Mistress. The hour-long video features McCready and a boyfriend named “Peter,” which includes a running narrative by the singer about previous conquests, including Alan Jackson, Dean Cain and, most infamously, Roger Clemens. Today is the first official […]
Eli Young Band joined the Republic Nashville roster. Miranda Lambert‘s Third Annual “Cause for Paws” benefit will be held May 15 in Tyler, Texas. Tour News: Trace Adkins and Toby Keith will hit the road for their American Ride tour on June 19; Miranda Lambert is taking her first official headlining tour, Roadside Bars And […]
There were quite a few worthy albums that only got a passing mention on The 9513 in 2009, so if you’re looking for something new or didn’t catch them the first time around, here are a few worth visiting. The algorithm is top secret and arbitrarily derived, so if you don’t agree with any of […]
Most Played Single of the Decade Belongs to Tim McGraw; Johnny Cash’s ‘American VI’ Rumored For February
I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday break and didn’t miss us too much. Although Christmas is over, lists are not (as you’ll notice in the news), and neither is our Big Christmas Giveaway, so be sure to enter before the new year if you’d like to be one of the 25 lucky winners. The most […]
Gene Watson, Randy Travis, Pam Tillis, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard and Ray Price have all long been cast aside by country radio, but each of these incredible artists continued to produce great country music into the first decade of the 21st century…and each earned a place approaching the upper reaches of our countdown. Mixed in […]
The 2009 International Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame inductees are The Lonesome Pine Fiddlers and The Dillards. Tiffany, an ’80s pop star, told The Huntsville Times that she hopes to have a country project together by the end of the year. “I’ve had success after 20 years, and my fans have really been supportive of […]
Ken Tucker says George Strait‘s true precursors are gentleman crooners Jim Reeves and Eddy Arnold, but he goes on to note that even those comparisons don’t quite fit: “Strait is his own man, ornery and independent in a quiet but firm way. Neither Reeves nor Arnold, for example, ever recorded a song about killing a […]
Brooks & Dunn are scheduled to release a 30-track hits compilation titled #1s … and then some on Sept. 8. The duo’s current single, “Indian Summer,” and “Honky Tonk Stomp” will be the only new material. Visit GAC for the complete track listing. Whitney Duncan goes skinny dippin’ in her new video for “Skinny Dippin’.” […]
The Texas Commission on the Arts appointed Willie Nelson as the 2009 Texas State Musician. If any of you Kenny Chesney fans are looking to add “Out Last Night” to your collection, you’ll have to pony up the money for Greatest Hits II, even if you already own all the other songs. Or you could […]
Shawn Sahm led the surviving members of the Texas Tornados, Augie Meyers and Flaco Jiminez, in a six-song romp at Antone’s last night that was part of a two-hour tribute show to his father, the late Doug Sahm. In addition to a documentary that’s being made about his father, Shaw Sahm also told the crowd […]
- Jim Sibley: I like everything about fall! MLB playoffs, football, end of hot, sticky nights, etc, etc. :-)
- Ron Mullins: Cool nights, smell of autumn and colors, and nice feeling in your heart.
- mike mills: Cool night and hunting
- Paul W Dennis: MLB playoffs and the weather here in Florida finally cooling off a little. Also we get the Palatka Bluegrass Festival …
- Tony Branscomb: Peaceful Quiet Days In The Woods Watching Wildlife Playing.
- jenny patrick: my favorite part of autumn is the smell of a bonfire to roast weiners and marshmallows on .
- jeanie kinman: My favorite part of Autumn is all the festivals with bands playing Bluegrass music..Come on down to Ky Joe Mullins …
- Keith Saterwhite: My favorite part of Autumn are the beautiful colors on the trees, here in the foothills of the Blueridge Mountains.
- phillip Martinez: Thanks Joe, for always the great music.
- Martin DeSimio: Fresh apple cider.