Vince Gill Performs with Boston Pops; Shovels & Rope to Release O’ Be Joyful Deluxe Edition; New Valerie Smith, Black Lillies Videos
Producer and Canadian Country Music Hall of Famer Bill Langstroth passed away yesterday at the age of 81. Connie Smith, Bobby Bare, and Sleepy Man Banjo Boys are among the artists who’ll be playing Marty Stuart’s Late Night Jam on June 5 at the Ryman. See any familiar faces in Pistol Annies’ “Hush Hush” video? […]
Music City Roots Filming for TV; New Music from Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires, Jimbo Mathus; Aldean Announces Trio of Stadium Shows
At the ICM Faith, Family & Country Awards, Vince Gill took home Mainstream Inspirational Country Song and Mainstream Country Artist. Read the full list of winners here. Isaac “Dickie” Freeman, a Gospel Music Hall of Famer who performed with, among other groups, the Fairfield Four, passed away on Tuesday at the age of 84. Chicano […]
Aquapalooza Not So Free for Non-Boaters; Johnny Cash Outtakes; Craig Morgan Hosts New Reality Series
Aquapalooza is set to take place on Lake Travis this coming Saturday. It’s a free event for boat owners or those who know someone with a boat, otherwise concertgoers might find themselves having to shell out big bucks to see headliner Brad Paisley. Independence day has come and gone, but that doesn’t mean you won’t […]
The Berklee College of Music presented Emmylou Harris with an honorary doctor of music. New releases for the week of October 6, 2009 include: Conway Twitty – 12 Number One Hits Amazon | Varese Vintage Records David Frizzell – The Very Best of David Frizzell Amazon | Varese Vintage Records Josh Grider – Sweet Road […]
The Little Nashville Opry in Nashville, Indiana burned down over the weekend. In celebration of the fall return of “Opry Country Classics,” Opry.com asked a few country artists to name their favorite country classics. (via Country Music Tattle Tale) At least one country music DJ is upset that his station received a prerecorded interview with […]
Kenny Chesney launched his own clothing line, Blue Chair Bay. The singer is certain the range will capture his laid back style for the line, which features worn-in baseball caps and T-shirts starting at $35, because he’s used his non-famous friends for inspiration. He adds, “I’ve got a shirt that says ‘Bob’s Charter’ and Bob […]
Shania Twain Guests On American Idol; Dolly Parton Box Set Announced; George Jones Teams With Cracker Barrel
Shania Twain will fill in as a guest judge at an upcoming American Idol audition. New releases for the week of August 18, 2009 include: Augie Meyers – Country Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Brady Seals – Play Time Amazon | iTunes | MySpace David Nail – I’m About To Come Alive Amazon | iTunes […]
Steve Martin is headed to the Ryman Auditorium on Oct. 11. He’ll be performing with The Steep Canyon Rangers in An Evening of Bluegrass & Banjo. Tickets go on sale next Friday (July 31). Two Tons of Steel (MySpace) will release their new album, Not That Lucky, on August 18. (via press release) John Dawson, […]
The CMA Board of Directors approved changes to redefine the procedures and categories for inclusion into the Country Music Hall of Fame, starting with the 2010 ballots. The new “Veterans Era” category will be for professionals who have been in the industry for more than 25 45 years and combines the former “Career Achieved National […]
Ask any artist what their favorite cities to play are and McCoy, TX isn’t likely to appear anywhere in their top 100. In fact, most have probably never heard of McCoy. And, unless you type in the county name (Atascosa), Google Maps will likely lead you astray by about 364 miles north of this particular […]
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …