Rodney Crowell shared some information about his upcoming duets record with Emmylou Harris: “Old Yellow Moon, the Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell duet album produced by Brian Ahern is finally finished. I want to give everybody a heads up to watch for Nonesuch Records official release date which I expect they will announce sometime very soon. […]
We did a Springsteen Friday Five on The 9513 three years ago, but there are so many good covers that it’s time for a second volume. Bonus Track: Trisha Yearwood — “Sad Eyes” Okay, this one made the last Springsteen Friday Five, but it’s so good I’ve got to post it again. Double Bonus […]
Loretta Lynn and Friends to Celebrate Her 50th Opry Anniversary; Miranda Lambert to Executive Produce NBC Show; Stream New Avett Brothers Album
Lee Ann Womack, Pistol Annies, Crystal Gayle, and Trace Adkins are just a few of the artists who will help Loretta Lynn celebrate 50 years as an Opry member on September 25. LeAnn Rimes has entered a treatment facility to cope with “anxiety and stress.” Taylor Swift will receive the Canadian Country Music Association Generation […]
A legion of country music legends and industry professionals expressed their admiration for Country Music Hall of Famer Kitty Wells after her death this week at the age of 92. Rightly heralded as Queen of Country Music, she was a ground-breaking force who challenging authority even as she maintained a traditionally feminine image. No less […]
Music Exec Donna Hilley Passes Away; Trisha Yearwood’s Cooking Show Renewed for Second Season; Tift Merritt Signs with Yep Roc
Retired music executive Donna Hilley passed away yesterday: Ms. Hilley, born in Birmingham, Ala., worked at Nashville radio station WKDA and at a public relations firm before joining music publisher Tree in 1973. She became Tree’s vice president and chief operating officer in 1978 and arranged Tree’s sale to CBA (which later became Sony Music […]
George Lindsey passed away on Sunday at the age of 83. Lindsey was best known for his portrayal of Goober Pyle on The Andy Griffith Show and Hee Haw. Jake Owen was arrested in his hometown of Vero Beach, Florida on Cinco de Mayo: “You give a guy a gun and a badge and he […]
First ACM Awards Performers Announced; Jennifer Nettles Hits Reality TV; Catching up with Jonny Corndawg
In case you missed Barry Mazor’s comments about Trisha Yearwood on yesterday’s news post, here they are again: Ms. Yearwood is also at work recording a new album. She told me on Tuesday after the Hall of Fame induction announcements, that she half feared people would JUST think of her as a cooking show host now, […]
Charlie Lamb Passes Away; Trisha Yearwood’s Cooking Show to Premiere April 14; Real Gone Music to Release Cowboy Copas Collection
On April 17, reissue label Real Gone Music will release Cowboy Copas collection Complete Hit Singles As and Bs. On May 1, Real Gone will release Mel McDaniel’s Baby’s Got Her Blue Jeans On: His Original Capitol Hits and Eddie Rabbitt’s 13 Original #1 Hits. Charlie Lamb passed away yesterday at the age of 90. “When […]
Devastating tornados tore through Missouri’s country music and entertainment capital of Branson early yesterday. The EF2 tornado had winds of up to 130 mph and was on the ground for about 20 miles according the National Weather Service. It smashed seven miles of the town’s commercial strip, hop scotching and demolishing different theater venues along the […]
Trisha Yearwood Films Cooking Show; Patterson Hood Protests Athens, Georgia Walmart; Bearfoot Brings Bluegrass to Schools
Trisha Yearwood has begun filming a cooking show for the Food Network. The show, slated to premiere in April, will also feature some of her new music. The Country Music Hall of Fame set an attendance record with over 507,000 visitors in 2011. That’s nearly a 30% jump over 2010. Here’s the trailer for the […]
- Bobby P.: Thanks for the link to my one hit wonder article!
- Leeann: I'm glad you reviewed this album. I think your rating is what I'd give it too. It's a good album, …
- luckyoldsun: That Bobby Bare/Bill Parsons story has been often told, but I still don't quite understand how two then-nobodies could go …
- Leeann: The Jack Clement album is quite good!
- Donald: "Ryan Adams announced .... the August 19 release of “1984,'" Which, I'm told, is the fifteen years later update of his …
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Delighted to hear that Hot Rize have a new album coming out – and thanks for the link to that …
- luckyoldsun: Nobody can do Karaoke George Jones like Kershaw!
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …