The life of Hank Williams first went to the big screen in 1964 with Your Cheatin’ Heart, but Nashville-based 821 Entertainment Group and Strike Entertainment have teamed up to create a new feature film. Strike Entertainment partner Marc Abraham will write the script using Colin Escott’s book Hank Williams: The Biography as a resource. Escott […]
Why isn’t John Rich singing with Big Kenny anymore? Big & Rich is all about loving everybody. Rich stepped away for a while so that he could hate some people (liberals, Germans, Japanese, former Nashville Star contestants). – CM What are country music fans like? They’re a lot like normal people, just with better taste. […]
Songwriters: Trent Tomlinson, Jim Collins and Tom Shapiro. For a song that waxes nostalgic on the good old days of yesteryear to be successful, it should probably be sung by someone who grew up in a decade prior to the 1980’s. That rule of thumb would disqualify thirty-something Trent Tomlinson from preaching “That’s How It […]
Barry Mazor introduced the new Bear Family series Country & Western Hit Parade: Dim Lights, Thick Smoke And Hillbilly Music in his most recent column for NoDepression.com. The first six volumes are structured around a given year from 1945 through 1950 and attempt to gather songs that represent that year without necessarily relying on by-the-charts […]
Clint Black filed a lawsuit against his manager/accountant, Charles Sussman. Black asserts that Sussman and his firm “repeatedly engaged in self-dealing, negligence, and/or gross negligence” in steering his finances. Part of the dispute involves Little Big Town. Black believed the band was signed to a long-term deal with Equity Records, the independent record label in […]
Friday night’s Opry audience got a surprise when Kenny Chesney popped by to support his band member Tim Hensley, who has a new bluegrass album out. And the night before Clint Black made his own surprise appearance at Zanies Comedy Club in Nashville to rehearse for his part on Secret Talents of the Stars. If […]
As the popularity of The 9513 rises, so do the number of questions we receive. The number of questions this month was more than ever, so it took a group effort to get them all answered for y’all. You can view our previous mailbags or send us your questions through our contact form or just […]
The bulk of the news is coming from Country Standard Time today: Chely Wright is returning tot he studio to begin work on her seventh album. Rodney Crowell will be producing the project. Maybe we’ll see some duets between the two. Gretchen Wilson has been working on her newest album as well. “One of the […]
In an effort to curb what is called “payola” in the radio industry, radio broadcasters have agreed to pay the government 12.5 million and provide free airtime for independent record labels and local artists. The article doesn’t list any genres specifically, but hopefully this deal is inclusive of the country genre and we’ll see some […]
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …