A lifetime spent listening to music has taught me a lot about Saturday night. It is, for example, all right for fighting or going to the movies, not to mention a good night to simultaneously keep dancing to the rock and roll and work on one’s spelling, and those are just the pop songs. Nobody […]
A few interesting notes from a study of country music listeners by the Country Music Association: Roughly two in five American adults ages 18-54 qualify as country music fans. They’re predominantly Caucasian, more often female than male. Forty percent of them make more than $50,000 year. Roughly 5 percent of American adults aged 18-54 qualify […]
The first set of the Palo Duro Records Showcase on Wednesday night featured an acoustic lover’s wet dream with a song swap between Trent Summar, Tommy Alverson, Dallas Wayne, and Buzz Cason. All four artists were in a dapper mood, keeping the moderately sized Waterloo Ice House audience in high spirits. If the term “laidback” […]
The wife of Bobby Bare suffered two cracked vertebrae when a tree fell on their house, slicing it in half. She was watching TV when the tree hit. Luckily she was able to crawl from under the tree and call 911. The new Hayes Carll album is due out April 8th and will be titled […]
Bill Friskics-Warren describes Josh Turner’s Everything Is Fine as flashbacks of Don Williams’ romance and commitment laced material mixed with some heartache and country-soul chops. Carrie Underwood took home three trophies at the American Music Awards while Beyonce wowed the crowd with Sugarland on the “bluegrass” flavored version of “Irreplaceable”. (YouTube) Part 3 of Trent […]
There’s only one country album on Stylus Magazine’s List of the 50 Best Albums of 2007, and it’s Miranda Lambert’s Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, coming in at number two. Yallwire posted the second part to their video interview with Billy Joe Shaver. This time around he sings “Get Thee Behind Me Satan” and gives some insight into […]
Wanting to work where no one would bother them, Gary Allan and songwriters Jim Lauderdale and Odie Blackman visited the jungles of Costa Rica for a week. Peter Cooper has a synopsis of the Country Music Hall of Fame induction ceremony for Ralph Emery, Vince Gill, and Mel Tillis. Asked is he still considers himself […]
Bobby Bare talks about going back to Ohio and talking to people whose aunts and uncles he went to school with, but they’ve all died. He says it’s the sad part about the business he’s in. “All of my friends abused themselves too terribly. But then there’s Shel. He was never heavy into drugs and […]
Ed Crowell over a Austin360 seems to like what he hears and sees in Trent Summar. Images of a blond Elvis in his Louisiana Hayride days, legs spread wide and a red jacket flapping before going down on his knees and shaking off his straw cowboy hat. Jonni Jewell posted mucho pictures of the KHYI […]
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.