Vote on Vanguard’s Record Store Day Releases; Alan Jackson Tops Bluegrass Charts; Travelin’ McCourys Announce Midwest Tour Dates
You can vote on the albums Vanguard Records will reissue for next year’s Record Store Day. Your options include releases by Doc Watson, Ramblin’ Jack Elliott, Odetta, and many others. This month’s free Blue Ridge Outdoors Trail Mix includes The Devil Makes Three, Brian Wright, Elephant Revival, and many more. Check out this Kacey Musgraves/2Pac […]
Red Simpson Named HoF’s New Poet & Prophet; Billy Joe Foster Passes Away; Miranda Lambert to Perform at Grammys
Billy Joe Foster, who played with Bill Monroe, Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Special Edition, and Country Gazette passed away at the age of 51. Red Simpson is the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum’s newest “Poet and Prophet.” He’ll take part in an in-depth interview and performance at the HoF on February 23. […]
Kenny Chesney and Zac Brown Band to Co-Headline New Tour; Garth Brooks Info: How to Avoid the “Late Line”
Kenny Chesney and the Zac Brown Band will co-headline nine stadium dates next year. Tickets for Garth Brook‘s Nashville show go on sale Saturday morning, but there’s a list of requirements that need to be followed in order to avoid banishment to the “late line.” GAC has the details. Jewly Hight’s cover story for Nashville […]
If courtesy sold records, Dierks Bentley would be a multi-platinum artist. In the midst of a long string of phone interviews and personal appearances, Bentley began this interview apologizing profusely for being just a few minutes late. It’s no surprise that he’s fielding so many interview requests, though; Up On The Ridge Bentley’s new album, […]
Sales for Jamey Johnson‘s album That Lonesome song jumped 60 percent since he won the ACM Song of the Year for “In Color.” Commenting on plans for the future, Johnson says he hopes to have a new album in the fall or early winter and has contributed songs to George Strait for consideration on his […]
- Leeann Ward: Sheesh, Paul, that's a random/strange dig!
- Jack Williams: After reading that New Yorker article, I canceled my pre-order of the Basement Tapes box set. I love Bob …
- Leeann Ward: Wow! How terrible for Dixie Hall and Tom.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Another twisted collection of songs to put into the Friday Five Hall of Fame, Juli.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …