Vote on Vanguard’s Record Store Day Releases; Alan Jackson Tops Bluegrass Charts; Travelin’ McCourys Announce Midwest Tour Dates
You can vote on the albums Vanguard Records will reissue for next year’s Record Store Day. Your options include releases by Doc Watson, Ramblin’ Jack Elliott, Odetta, and many others. This month’s free Blue Ridge Outdoors Trail Mix includes The Devil Makes Three, Brian Wright, Elephant Revival, and many more. Check out this Kacey Musgraves/2Pac […]
Red Simpson Named HoF’s New Poet & Prophet; Billy Joe Foster Passes Away; Miranda Lambert to Perform at Grammys
Billy Joe Foster, who played with Bill Monroe, Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Special Edition, and Country Gazette passed away at the age of 51. Red Simpson is the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum’s newest “Poet and Prophet.” He’ll take part in an in-depth interview and performance at the HoF on February 23. […]
Kenny Chesney and Zac Brown Band to Co-Headline New Tour; Garth Brooks Info: How to Avoid the “Late Line”
Kenny Chesney and the Zac Brown Band will co-headline nine stadium dates next year. Tickets for Garth Brook‘s Nashville show go on sale Saturday morning, but there’s a list of requirements that need to be followed in order to avoid banishment to the “late line.” GAC has the details. Jewly Hight’s cover story for Nashville […]
If courtesy sold records, Dierks Bentley would be a multi-platinum artist. In the midst of a long string of phone interviews and personal appearances, Bentley began this interview apologizing profusely for being just a few minutes late. It’s no surprise that he’s fielding so many interview requests, though; Up On The Ridge Bentley’s new album, […]
Sales for Jamey Johnson‘s album That Lonesome song jumped 60 percent since he won the ACM Song of the Year for “In Color.” Commenting on plans for the future, Johnson says he hopes to have a new album in the fall or early winter and has contributed songs to George Strait for consideration on his […]
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.