A country rock quintet from Dallas, Eleven Hundred Springs has issued 11 albums since their 1998 debut. On Eight the Hard Way, the band showcases their winning blend of country shuffles and Western swing hoedowns. Lead vocalist Matt Hillyer’s wistful singing lends a bittersweet feeling to these songs about dark bars and broken hearts. His […]
Earlier this year, country singer Amber Digby teamed up with Justin Trevino to release a duet album brimming with old and soon-to-be classics. Titled Keeping Up Appearances, highlights include the Jack Greene-Jeannie Seely hit “Wish I Didn’t Have To Miss You,” Loretta Lynn & Conway Twitty’s “Lead Me On” and “After The Fire Is Gone.” […]
Last week in news magazine Newsweek, Steve Tuttle discussed the changing aesthetics of the county music genre in his article “Murder on Music Row: Taylor Swift? Songs about cute little kids? What has happened to country music?!” Tuttle, a general editor for the magazine, bluntly expressed his disapproval of artists like Rodney Atkins and Lonestar, […]
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.