CMT Names Artists of the Year; Keith Urban Receives Nashville Symphony Harmony Award; New Music Videos
Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Kenny Chesney, Eric Church, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood were named as 2012 CMT Artists of the Year. Rolling Stone announced their top country albums of 2012 and Kellie Pickler was at the top of the list: “American Idol also-ran Pickler is an unlikely trad-country heroine. But 100 Proof may […]
Pistol Annies Return to Studio; Unreleased Townes Van Zandt Recordings Due in February; Album Releases
The Mavericks will release their next album, In Time, on January 29. Sunshine Boy: The Unheard Studio Sessions and Demos 1971-1972, a two-disc collection of unreleased Townes Van Zandt material, will be released on Omnivore Recordings 2/5. The 28-song release will also feature liner notes written by Colin Escott. Drew Kennedy launched a Kickstarter campaign […]
Kathy Mattea – “Hello, My Name is Coal” Faith Hill – “American Heart” Wanda Jackson & Justin Townes Earle – “Am I Even a Memory” Joey + Rory – “Josephine” Dustin Lynch – “She Cranks My Tractor” Eli Young Band – “Say Goodnight” Aaron Lewis – “Forever” Thomas Rhett – “Beer with Jesus” Kelleigh Bannen – […]
The change to Billboard’s Hot Country music chart, in which digital sales, web-streamed play and non-country-radio spins will influence chart performance has caused quite the internet flutter. Some takes on the change: Matt Bjorke at Roughstock The Triggerman at Saving Country Music Edward Morris at CMT Kevin John Coyne at Country Universe And now there’s a […]
Loretta Lynn and Friends to Celebrate Her 50th Opry Anniversary; Miranda Lambert to Executive Produce NBC Show; Stream New Avett Brothers Album
Lee Ann Womack, Pistol Annies, Crystal Gayle, and Trace Adkins are just a few of the artists who will help Loretta Lynn celebrate 50 years as an Opry member on September 25. LeAnn Rimes has entered a treatment facility to cope with “anxiety and stress.” Taylor Swift will receive the Canadian Country Music Association Generation […]
Toby Keith’s New Album Due in November; Stream Holy Ghost Tent Revival; Download Free Charlie Peacock Sampler
Trace Adkins and Kristin Chenoweth will once again host the American Country Awards, which will be held in Vegas this December. Toby Keith will release a new album, Hope on the Rocks, November 13. From the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: “Has country singer hero Randy Travis fallen?” NoiseTrade is offering a Charlie Peacock sampler for download. If you’ve […]
Jake Owen is releasing an EP called Summer Jam soon: “I wanted to put out on iTunes three or four tunes that all my friends out on the lake can put on their boat and crank it up.” Ever wonder why we’re drawn to country music? “Titled Cheatin’ Hearts and Loaded Guns, the Review of […]
CMT Awards Performers Announced; Rosanne Cash Narrates BBC Radio Program About Bobbie Gentry; Album Releases
Stream Willie Nelson’s new album, Heroes and the collection Jail House Bound: John Lomax’s First Southern Prison Recordings, 1933. The Infamous Stringdusters have announced the lineup for their shindig, The Festy. This year’s performers will include Trampled By Turtles, Della Mae, Tony Trischka Territory, The Steel Wheels, and more. Tickets for The Festy, which will […]
On July 10, the Zac Brown Band will release their new album, Uncaged. Trombone Shorty guests on one of the songs. Levon Helm’s friends and fans can pay their respects at his Woodstock studio tomorrow between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. The Crooked Road Music Heritage Trail in Southwest Virginia is hosting a contest in […]
Kathy Mattea Signs with Sugar Hill; Herby Wallace Passes Away; ACM Awards Will Celebrate 50th Anniversary at Cowboys Stadium
Kathy Mattea has signed with Sugar Hill Records. Album Calling Me Home will be released later this year. Irish folk musician Barney McKenna of Dubliners passed away on Thursday. Pedal steel player Herby Wallace also passed away. He toured with Donna Fargo, Nat Stuckey, and Jody Miller, to name a few, and recorded with Alabama […]
- Jack: Not impressed by Justin Townes Earle's low view of country music.
- nm: Does anyone know whatever became of the album that Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer were going to do together?
- luckyoldsun: I'm not surprised. Artists who can't get seem to get a satisfactory deal with a commercial label always say how …
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …