The comedy show “Hee Haw” featuring performances from country music stars is being resuscitated. The RFD-TV cable channel will begin airing reruns of the Roy Clark and Buck Owens co-hosted show on September 7th. Peter Cooper has a nice article on Don Helms: In performance, he would treat audiences to instrumental versions of songs by […]
Time Life plans to periodically release 143 previously-unreleased Hank Williams‘ recordings over a three year period. The recordings were made in 1951 for Williams’ show on radio station WSM-AM in Nashville and were sponsored by Mother’s Best flour. Watch Jason Isbell perform “Dress Blues” live at Stubb’s in Austin, TX, then go read the story […]
You’ve probably heard it 25 times by now, but coming completely out of left field is the news that Shania Twain and her husband of 14 years Robert John “Mutt” Lange are getting a divorce. Lange produced Twain’s multi-platinum albums, and they co-wrote all of her charting singles for Mercury Nashville between 1995 and 2005, […]
Andrew Dansby has a fantastic profile on Ray Price. He’s currently 82 years-old, performed around 88 shows last year, hopes to do close to 100 this year, and is working on two albums. One is a collaboration with Johnny Bush, Willie Nelson, and the late Calvin Owens due in June. The other is called My […]
Veteran rocker Eddie Money is going country. His first single, “Give Me Some Water,” from the forthcoming album The Other Side of Money is scheduled to be released this weekend and will feature backing vocals from Vince Gill. Money also plans to countrify his hits “Hard Life” and “Two Tickets to Paradise” for the album. […]
We had a busy holiday season here at The 9513. Brady spent the holidays in Washington with his fiancé’s family and won’t be back until tomorrow afternoon, I was in Fort Stockton visiting my girlfriend’s family, while Jenna spent her Christmas down in Uvalde. We had a few posts prepared to automatically update the site […]
- luckyoldsun: If they're only allowed one modern inductee per year in the H-o-F, then there's a backlog developing. You have Skaggs, …
- Leeann Ward: I'm not an ETC fan, but I do love "Brotherly Love" with Keith Whitley.
- luckyoldsun: It's got to be "What I'd Say." (I think that's the title.) There was some question, I believe, over whether …
- Paul W Dennis: probably "Nobody Falls Like A Fool" or "Silent Treatment"
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Where in heck's name is "That Was A Close One"?!?!? It's the guy's best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrR_2rXiKA0
- Cody: Love seeing ETC getting some credit! My five, in no particular order at first; Crowd Around the Corner Home So Fine I Have …
- Juli Thanki: I think it's technically a Keith Whitley song, but I've always been fond of his duet with ETC, "Brotherly Love."
- luckyoldsun: Lots of very good artists have not had anywhere near the radio play and hits that Lee Ann Womack has …
- Hard Times: Just read Jewly Hight's feature on Womack. I couldn't believe Womack has had only a half dozen or so Top …
- Barry Mazor: Leeann, Im not surprised about your sister's response--or that, for many, Garth Brooks now equals the ancient days of country …