The comedy show “Hee Haw” featuring performances from country music stars is being resuscitated. The RFD-TV cable channel will begin airing reruns of the Roy Clark and Buck Owens co-hosted show on September 7th. Peter Cooper has a nice article on Don Helms: In performance, he would treat audiences to instrumental versions of songs by […]
Time Life plans to periodically release 143 previously-unreleased Hank Williams‘ recordings over a three year period. The recordings were made in 1951 for Williams’ show on radio station WSM-AM in Nashville and were sponsored by Mother’s Best flour. Watch Jason Isbell perform “Dress Blues” live at Stubb’s in Austin, TX, then go read the story […]
You’ve probably heard it 25 times by now, but coming completely out of left field is the news that Shania Twain and her husband of 14 years Robert John “Mutt” Lange are getting a divorce. Lange produced Twain’s multi-platinum albums, and they co-wrote all of her charting singles for Mercury Nashville between 1995 and 2005, […]
Andrew Dansby has a fantastic profile on Ray Price. He’s currently 82 years-old, performed around 88 shows last year, hopes to do close to 100 this year, and is working on two albums. One is a collaboration with Johnny Bush, Willie Nelson, and the late Calvin Owens due in June. The other is called My […]
Veteran rocker Eddie Money is going country. His first single, “Give Me Some Water,” from the forthcoming album The Other Side of Money is scheduled to be released this weekend and will feature backing vocals from Vince Gill. Money also plans to countrify his hits “Hard Life” and “Two Tickets to Paradise” for the album. […]
We had a busy holiday season here at The 9513. Brady spent the holidays in Washington with his fiancé’s family and won’t be back until tomorrow afternoon, I was in Fort Stockton visiting my girlfriend’s family, while Jenna spent her Christmas down in Uvalde. We had a few posts prepared to automatically update the site […]
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!