Alan Jackson Announces Tour; Trisha Yearwood, Little Big Town to Sing at World Series; New Album Releases
Reba has become the first artist signed to Nash Icon Music, a joint venture between Big Machine and Cumulus. She’s currently working on a new album with Tony Brown and James Stroud. Alan Jackson announced the Keepin’ it Country Tour, which will kick off in Fort Myers, Florida on January 8. Brandy Clark and Jon Pardi […]
Cal Smith, Jim Shumate Pass Away; Tony Brown Charged with Domestic Assault; Randy Travis Expected to Return Home
Cal Smith passed away yesterday at the age of 81. Bluegrass fiddler and former Blue Grass Boy Jim Shumate has passed away. He was 91. Tony Brown has been arrested and charged with domestic assault “resulting in bodily injury this week related to an alleged dispute that Belle Meade Police were called to in September.” […]
Americana Music Awards Nominees Announced; Third Man to Reissue Sun Records Singles; BBC Radio 4 Broadcast Gets Yodel-Bombed
Shovels & Rope earned four Americana Music Awards nominations yesterday afternoon. Buddy Miller and Emmylou Harris got three each. Read the full list here; the winners will be announced September 18 at the Americana Awards and Honors Ceremony, which will be hosted by Jim Lauderdale. Willie Nelson has donated more than $120,000 to relief efforts following […]
If you weren’t fortunate enough to catch one of three recent screenings in Nashville, Los Angeles, and Sydney, Australia, you missed one of the most engaging music documentaries of the last few years, The King of Broken Hearts. Directed, edited, and co-produced by Sydney-based filmmaker Jeremy Dylan, King traces the path of Jim Lauderdale’s career and shadows […]
Stream Songs from Van Zandt, Willis & Robison; The Band Perry & Dierks Bentley to Pay Tribute to Johnny Cash; Peter Rowan Goes Old School
Listen to a track from the upcoming Townes Van Zandt collection Sunshine Boy: The Unheard Studio Sessions & Demos 1971-1972. Paste has a stream of “Drinking Coke and Eating Ice,” a cut from Drive-By Trucker Mike Cooley’s new solo record, The Fool on Every Corner, which drops December 11. Here’s an hour-long BBC documentary called The Joy […]
Lee Ann Womack Splits with Universal Music Group; Sugarland Stage Collapse Victims Agree to Settlement; New Music Videos
The trailer for the upcoming Brad Pitt movie Killing Them Softly features Johnny Cash’s “The Man Comes Around.” Lee Ann Womack and Universal Music Group have parted ways. Garth Brooks has been added to the Teachers Rock benefit concert, which will be televised by CBS on 8/17. Stealing Angels’ Tayla Lynn welcomed a baby into […]
Songwriters: Luke Laird, Hillary Lindsey and Hillary Scott Sara Evans’ last studio album, 2005’s Real Fine Place, seemed to be the final push to plant her firmly among the superstar females in the genre. After its release, she was named ACM Top Female Vocalist for the first time and landed a high-profile gig on ABC’s […]
- luckyoldsun: Jim Z-- I get the feeling Barry was this close to calling you what Kinky Friedman called his guy from El …
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim. The record's more or less out of Austin. But I'm sure they're also good in El Paso...