Come this fall, the original Sugarland trio will have a reunion of sorts, only it’ll be in the courtroom. Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush will square off against Kristen Hall in a lawsuit that the latter filed claiming that she is owed more than $1.5 million. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Bill Rankin has more details, including […]
Alabama HoF Honors Jamey Johnson; Drew Kennedy Bucks Trend, Releases Album On Thursday; Cash, Parton, & Jones Reissues
The Alabama Music Hall of Fame announced its latest class of inductees, but it’s hard to tell who is actually being inducted and who is simply receiving an award. Either way, Jamey Johnson will be honored with the Alabama’s Rising Star award and Mac McAnally will receive the Arthur Alexander Songwriter’s award. Ninebullets.net: I am […]
In country music, home is where the hits are. Small town living is the go-to topic for Music Row writers looking for a cheap hook. In the rural utopia they‘ve invented for today’s country radio, a few hard-and-fast rules apply: Saturday nights are spent in a hell-raisin’, hard-drinkin’ fury; Sunday mornings are saved by amazing […]
Bobby Braddock, the only living songwriter to have No. 1 country songs in five consecutive decades, commented on the changing landscape of country music in an interview with American Songwriter‘s Michael Kosser: For instance, the song protagonist of, say, the early 1950s is totally different from the one in 2009. For one thing, southerners as […]
Grammy Nominees; Jack Cooke & Big Bill Lister Passed Away; Dixie Chick Lawsuit Dropped; CMA CEO Resigns
Nominees for the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards in the country category are as follows: Best Female Country Vocal Performance “Dead Flowers” – Miranda Lambert “I Just Call You Mine” – Martina McBride “White Horse” – Taylor Swift “Just A Dream” – Carrie Underwood “Solitary Thinkin” – Lee Ann Womack Best Male Country Vocal Performance “All […]
The new children’s book co-written by Tim McGraw and Tom Douglas, My Little Girl, was released today. Faith Hill, who wrote the forward, loves it, but his daughters were indifferent. “If it doesn’t have Chris Brown or the Jonas Brothers involved, they don’t care,” he joked. Keith Urban will release a live DVD titled Keith […]
News on John Michael Montgomery‘s website says the country singer has checked himself into rehab for substance abuse and canceled all appearances for the next 30 days. “I will be disappearing for a while to try and defeat the demons that have stripped me of my energy of life and good health for so many […]
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …