Loretta Lynn Receives Medal of Freedom; Dave Adkins, Edgar Loudermilk Join Forces; Sturgill Simpson Sampler Available for Download
Loretta Lynn was honored with the Presidential Medal of Freedom at the White House yesterday. Watch the video here. There’s a four-song Sturgill Simpson sampler available for download on NoiseTrade. Scott H. Biram’s next album, Nothin’ But Blood, will be released February 4 on Bloodshot Records. Listen to Biram’s new single, “When I Die.” Dave […]
Tongue-in-cheek genius Peter Cooper of The Tennessean has declared himself “Commissioner of Country Music,” which gives him governing powers over the entire industry. Commissioner Cooper then calls for Lee Ann Womack to be returned to radio playlists and for party/truck songs to be banned. Jon Bream of the Minneapolis Star Tribune thinks Brad Paisley’s tour […]
George Strait Wins EOTY; Band of Heathens Offer Free Album Download; Clyde Stacy Killed in Car Accident
Last night’s CMA Award winners: Musical Event of the Year: “Highway Don’t Care,” Tim McGraw with Taylor Swift and Keith Urban Video of the Year: “Highway Don’t Care,” Tim McGraw with Taylor Swift and Keith Urban. Directed by Shane Drake Single of the Year: “Cruise,” Florida Georgia Line Song of the Year: “I Drive Your […]
MerleFest Lineup Announced; Jennifer Nettles’ Solo Album Due in January; Darrell Webb Releases New Single
Everyone from Alan Jackson to Zephyr Lightning Bolts is playing MerleFest next April. George Strait took home the ASCAP Founders Award Monday night. Check out the full list of winners here. Speaking of ASCAP, the organization has kicked off its centennial celebration. Will Hoge played a set for CMT. This is from The National Enquirer, […]
Sherman Halsey Passes Away; Suzy Bogguss to Release Merle Haggard Tribute; Ronnie Milsap Debuts New Single
Music video director and producer Sherman Halsey passed away at the age of 56. Among the videos he worked on were Tim McGraw’s “Live Like You Were Dying,” Dwight Yoakam’s “Little Sister,” and Alan Jackson’s version of “Tall Tall Trees.” Stream the solid new release Divided and United: Songs of the Civil War, which features […]
Black River Signs Clear Channel Partnership; Sammy Kershaw Re-Records Hits; Stream Skaggs’ Soldier Song
Graham Nash was recently interviewed by NPR’s Terry Gross. Listen here. Stream Ricky Skaggs’ take on “Two Soldiers” from upcoming Civil War compilation Divided & United. Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Tim McGraw, Florida Georgia Line, and Hunter Hayes have been named the CMT Artists of the Year. They’ll be honored during a live, 90-minute television […]
Ricky Skaggs Named CMHOF Artist-in-Residence; Alabama Music Hall of Fame Schedules Reopening; New Album Releases
The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum named Ricky Skaggs as its 2013 artist-in-residence. From the press release: Skaggs has chosen to perform two unique shows-each with its own theme and lineup of guest artists. The first show, November 18, will have a country music theme; Ricky’s special guests that night will include Emmylou […]
Martina McBride is back in the studio recording a new album that’s expected to come out in early 2014. Farm Aid was on Saturday; this year’s event featured surprise guest Pete Seeger. Read the Rolling Stone recap here. CMT Edge’s Chris Parton reported on Justin Townes Earle’s set at Nashville’s Downtown Presbyterian Church during last […]
Get the story behind Curly Putnam’s Green Green Grass of Home.” Is there a sadder twist ending in country music than the one in this song? Jason Isbell performed “Flying Over Water” on Conan last night. Isbell also sang “Different Days” for CMT Edge. Here’s your first look at Carrie Underwood as Maria in The […]
Stream Del McCoury Band’s Streets of Baltimore; Memphis Music Hall of Fame Inductees Named; The Band Perry Announces World Tour Dates
Johnny Cash, Albert King, Memphis Jug Band, and Sid Selvidge are among the new inductees into the Memphis Music Hall of Fame; the induction ceremony will be held November 7. The Del McCoury Band’s Streets of Baltimore is streaming online before its September 17 release. In true McCoury fashion, it is quite good. Peter Cooper […]
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."