Country Stars Revisit the Bristol Sessions; Pokey LaFarge Announces Tour; HoF & Music City Roots to Celebrate Night Train to Nashville Anniversary
Justin Townes Earle will release Single Mothers on Vagrant Records September 9. (via press release) Hot Rize has a new album and fall tour in the works. The Country Music Hall of Fame and Music City Roots are teaming up for a concert (scheduled for July 30) celebrating the tenth anniversary of Night Train to […]
Kelly Willis and Bruce Robison will release their second duets album, Our Year, on May 27. The 10-song record will include their fantastic version of “Harper Valley P.T.A.” as well as a take on “I’ll Go to My Grave Loving You.” John Cowan has signed with Compass Records; his next album will be released early […]
Homer Bailes Passes Away; Muddy Roots Lineup Announced; Brennen Leigh & Noel McKay Release Christmas Album
Homer Bailes, the last surviving member of The Bailes Brothers, passed away on December 3. He was 91. A federal judge denied a motion to dismiss Amy Bowen’s lawsuit against Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Sony, and others. Earlier this year, Bowen alleged that the defendants “violated her copyright interests in the song ‘Remind Me,’ a […]
Kris Kristofferson to Appear on Troubadour, TX; Noam Pikelny to Deliver IBMA Keynote Address; Isbell Plays Letterman
Kris Kristofferson will appear on the third season of Troubadour, TX. This fall, ATO Records will release a two-disc set of Civil War-era songs recorded by Dolly Parton, Taj Mahal, and others. Listen to Loretta Lynn’s version of “Take Your Guns and Go, John.” Noam Pikelny will deliver the keynote address at IBMA’s World of […]
- Dana M: Now I wish I went to see Miranda Lambert in concert.
- bob: Enjoyed the articles on the story behind "When She Cries" and the dearth of women on Canadian Country radio. Thanks. …
- Saving Country Music: Everything that came out in Friday's assessment of Studio 'A' by the developer was stuff we already knew. The only …
- bob: Thanks Barry. Just reserved the Adam Gussow book. Sounds interesting.
- Barry Mazor: It may be over-stated, in arriving at practically a single explanation of everything, but Adam Gussow's book on lynching and …
- Leeann: Wow! Heavy topic and horrifying indeed! "Beer for My Horses" was all fun and games until that reference, I'll have …
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"