Miranda Lambert Debuts “The House That Built Me” Video; Jake Owen Channels Brooks & Dunn In Tribute to Scooby Doo
The video for Miranda Lambert‘s “The House That Built Me,” which is also the fastest rising single of her career, debuted on iTunes today. (iTunes) New releases for the week of April 6, 2010 include: Becky Schlegel – Dandelion Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Brison Bursey Band – Expectations and Parking Lots Amazon | iTunes […]
There was a ton of country music released in February, a great deal of which never found its way onto the pages of The 9513. Here are abbreviated album reviews of last month’s under-the-radar music. Lightning From The North – .357 String Band The third release from this scrappy Milwaukee quartet is bursting at the […]
Wear black today for Johnny Cash, who was born this day 78 years ago. Also up on today’s birthday list are Trailer from Farce the Music and The 9513 favorite, Rodney Hayden. Happy birthday, guys. Fan voting for the ACM’s new artist awards is now open. iTunes sold its 10 billionth song, which happened to […]
George Hamilton IV Celebrates 50th Opry Anniversary; Cactus Cafe Still Closing; Carrie Underwood’s “Temporary Home”
Saturday marks George Hamilton IV‘s 50th anniversary as a Grand Ole Opry member. Despite strong opposition, University of Texas officials have no plans to back down from their original decision to close the Cactus Cafe. Long-time manager Griff Luneberg broke his silence on the issue yesterday morning: “As a loyal Texas Union Employee for the […]
Jeff Bridges, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett earned Oscar nominations for their work on Crazy Heart. The soundtrack is currently available for download at $5.00 with the deluxe edition marked up a few dollars at $7.99. New releases for the week of February 2, 2009 include: Béla Fleck – Throw Down Your […]
Carrie Underwood is scheduled to tackle (sorry, I couldn’t help myself) the national anthem at the Super Bowl on Feb. 7. George Strait rescheduled this weekend’s shows due to inclement weather. Shirley Collie Nelson, a former wife of Willie Nelson, passed away at the age of 78. She charted three singles on the Billboard country […]
Dixie Chicks‘ Martie Maguire and Emily Robison will be releasing a new album without Natalie Maines, however a title, release date, and musical direction are all still unknown. Reba McEntire is returning as the host of this year’s ACM Awards, which are scheduled for April 18. On the following night, the Academy plans to tape […]
TMZ posted video of fans and paparazzi mobbing Randy Travis. My favorite quote from someone in the crowd: “I love your voice. I wish I had a man-voice like this. [I] hate my voice.” After a recent shopping spree, Texas billionaire Robert Rowling–through his company TRT Holdings–became the largest shareholder of Gaylord Entertainment, which counts […]
Bob Doerschuk says Porter Wagoner’s legacy is secure and unique. “I may not be the world’s greatest singer,” Wagoner said in his 2007 interview with CMA Close Up. “But I know how to sing Country Music. I know what separates Country from other kinds of music. I’ve learned that it’s important, if you’re a singer […]
Not everyone who hears the new Bingham album is immediately hooked. Andrew Gilstrap rates the album a little above average, claiming “Mescalito is surprisingly devoid of edge.” AMA board member Doyle Davis says that “Americana tends to favor lyricists,” and because of that sometimes the country-flavored acts get more emphasis even though the genre encompasses […]
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …