Second Round of ACM Awards Performers Announced; Della Mae Selected for State Department’s American Music Abroad; Album Releases
Pam Tillis was a guest judge on RuPaul’s Drag Race last night. The full episode, called “Dragazines,” can be streamed here. Darrell Scott considers “I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry,” “To Live’s to Fly,” and “Sunday Morning Coming Down” to be “perfect songs.” Here’s a feature on Echo Mountain, the Asheville, North Carolina recording studio […]
Swift and Aldean to Perform at Grammys; New Music From Kathleen Edwards, Moot Davis and Angela Easterling
How does Dolly Parton manage to escape fashion criticism? The folks at Jezebel have an idea: [S]he’s so fantastic that the peanut gallery cannot find it within themselves to hate on her. Nobody wants to genuinely critique or criticize Dolly Parton because she’s universally loved for her unabashed tackiness. She rolls around in sequins, embellished […]
Country Album Sales Increase in 2011; New Music From Emily West; Stream The Little Willies’ New Album
Stream For the Good Times, the upcoming album from The Little Willies, over at NPR’s music blog. Journey and Rascal Flatts are rumored to be doing a CMT Crossroads together in February. Bluegrass banjo player Shorty Eager passed away. He had played with Jimmy Martin’s Sunny Mountain Boys and several other bluegrass groups. Peter Cooper […]
Emmylou Harris Celebrates 20 Years of Opry Membership; Free Music From Missy Raines; Dolly Parton is Hot
On January 21, Emmylou Harris will celebrate her 20th year as an Opry member at the Ryman. Edd Hurt of the Nashville Scene chatted with Emmylou about her music and animal rescue organization. Go download Missy Raines & The New Hip’s version of “Christmas Time is Here.” It’s free and good. Chet Flippo has some […]
The Little Willies are back, with a second album due out in January that will feature covers of “Lovesick Blues,” “For the Good Times” (also the title track), “Jolene,” and more. At 7pm Central tonight, NashvilleSymphony.org is streaming Bela Fleck’s “Concerto for Banjo and Orchestra.” The 17th Annual ICM Faith, Family & Country Awards, held […]
- Country fan: I have seen Ray quite a few times, the first being at the old KRNT theater in Des Moines. Ray …
- Rick: Last night's "Special Guest" on Music City Roots was Gunnar (Sam Palladio) who brought along some of his favorite co-writers …
- murtry: Whoops. Look like DAC didn't write "She Used to Love me a Lot" ... though he did make it famous.
- murtry: Nice. That Johnny Cash album is already looking up with a cover of a pretty good David Allan Coe song.
- Dave D.: I'm extremely disappointed that Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside have broken up. I liked them a lot, and hope …
- Luckyoldsun: It's funny how many "Ray Price"s there are. It's like every Rhodes seems to be named Dusty--but that's generally a …
- John: Listen to the Album, Touch My Heart, with Swinging Doors, A Way to Survive. The Same Two Lips etc. Pure …
- Chad Oleson: Awesome Boys!!! Get your ass to colorado soon!!!!
- nm: Well, I was lucky enough to hear Ray Price sing in person two or three times. But I don't think …
- Luckyoldsun: Styles change. In the '50s, Price and other country stars dressed like escapees from Buffalo Bill's "Wild West Show." In the '60s, …