Dallas Wayne Added to Heybale Lineup; The Smilin’ Irishman of Country Music Passed Away; Lionel Richie Recording Country Duets
Singer, songwriter, and Sirius deejay Dallas Wayne has been announced as the replacement for Gary Claxton in the band Heybale. The Austin Chronicle‘s Margaret Moser published a really cool profile on Elizabeth McQueen, who in turn, dishes out a lot of praise for Ray Benson and Willie Nelson. The Smilin’ Irishman of Country Music James […]
You’ve probably noticed the tremendous amount of energy and verbiage being expended online these days, in all sorts of places, by people who feel attached to some ongoing or even, often, some abandoned recording format. The conventionally-sized CD album, regularly derided for years—not less in country than in other musical genres— as often an over-priced […]
This week, the buzz surrounding Jamey Johnson’s new album The Guitar Song reached a near-deafening (albeit great-sounding) roar. Everyone from the L.A. Times to the Washington Post (and our own Chris Neal) praised the album for its heft in today’s digital download world and commended the singer for his I Do What I Want! attitude. […]
Songwriters: Jamey Johnson and Shane Minor Before he was appointed poster child for Music City’s mainstream anti-establishment, Jamey Johnson was one of many up-and-coming country artists lured by the publicity potential of reality television. Despite its short shelf life, Fox Network’s “docu-soap” Nashville–quite possibly the only thing Johnson and Chuck Wicks have in common–can claim […]
- Paul W Dennis: I finally picked up a copy of Jack Clement's last album and while I enjoyed it, it felt as if …
- dottie: It was great & you all look wonderful. oxoxox Grandma
- Stuart Munro: I think this just moves the location of the discussion, Jack. If I named a bunch of rock artists who …
- Leeann Ward: Um, that's too much geekery for me to follow, Sam! My husband would understand you though.:)
- Jack Williams: Alabama Shakes won the AMA Emerging artist award couple of years ago. Also, classic soul influenced artists like Bettye Lavette, …
- Applejack: It certainly seems to me like the inclusion of St. Paul and the Broken Bones stretches the limits of how …
- Stuart Munro: Yes, that's the issue: is the tent so big as to have no boundaries? What *isn't* Americana? Is jazz? Is …
- Jack Williams: Um, roots music, that is.
- Jack Williams: Well, Americana is a pretty big tent. Classic southern soul falls under my personal definition of root music.
- Stuart Munro: Is it just me...or does the idea of St. Paul and the Broken Bones being an Americana act really strain …